Ping Ed Mullen (Mozilla temp Int files)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Loka-Moshin, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    Those files in that directory ARE the cached or, in IE parlance, the
    temporary internet files. For a variety of reasons the files are stored
    using indexed names instead of the actual filenames downloaded from the
    Internet. You can certainly delete them individually from within
    Windows Explorer.

    If you want to read more:

    http://www.google.com/search?query=firefox cache files&num=50

    Sorry but I couldn't find any information at that URL as to how to delete
    them individually. Is there a specific post there or URL explaining how to
    do it? Typing in about:cache doesn't bring them up.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Loka-Moshin, Nov 5, 2007

  2. Loka-Moshin

    Ed Mullen Guest

    If you use Windows Explorer to view the files in the cache folder, you
    can do anything to them that you can do to ANY file on your hard drive
    using Windows Explorer: Copy, Paste, Delete, Move etc.

    The challenge is in figuring out what file is what. Hence my
    references and statements about how Firefox/Mozilla names and stores the
    cached files.

    What exactly is it that you don't understand about this?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Nov 6, 2007