PIM dense mode causing interface flapping

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Codoroma, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Codoroma

    Codoroma Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm just posting this out in the hope that one of you may have
    experienced a similar problem.
    I have 7507 with a PA-FE2-TX in a VIP2-40. When I remove and then
    reseta the cable the interface continues to flap until I do a shut no
    shut.
    The interface configuration is
    interface FastEthernet6/0/1
    ip address 10.X.X.X 255.255.0.0
    ip pim dense-mode
    ip igmp join-group 224.10.1.2
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    First thing was to upgrade the code to 12.1(21). No change.
    I then submitted a show tech to the Cisco webpage stack decoder tool
    which indicated that while everything appeared ok, if i was having
    problem x then there was a possibility that the problem was hardware
    related, so I replaced the Port Adaptor. Still no change.
    I then removed the "ip pim dense-mode" from the config and thereafter
    the problem no longer occurs.

    Does anyone know why PIM is causing this behaiour?

    Cheers

    CD

    Codoroma, Nov 17, 2003