    used) between Nortel and Cisco when connecting IP phones.

    Any suggestions would be welcome
    Keith

    keithdew, May 13, 2008

  2. keithdew

    Trendkill Guest

    Not sure of any guide for this, but it should not be much different
    than your old configuration. CDP doesn't work since its proprietary,
    but the rest of your questions are architectural in nature. Separate
    voice from data vlans, use 'secondary vlans' on ports where a desktop
    will connect directly to the phone to ensure that phones are in one
    vlan, and anything daisy chained off goes in a voice vlan. You'll
    want to setup QoS (most likely using dscp) on the ports and through
    your routers for any WAN links that may be traversed, and there are
    plenty of guides out there for that kind of setup. Other than not
    supporting cdp, I don't see any difference from a layer 2/3 switch
    side in supporting any kind of voice over IP phone, since it is just
    another networked device.

    QOS
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t2/feature/guide/ft_dscp.html
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voice-qos/voip-ov-fr-qos.html