    work fine for me..... plz help?

    thnx

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 21, 2005

  2. Peter

    Tony Guest

    Do you have any additional PCI cards installed such as modem or network
    cards? If so, take them out.

    Do you have a USB mouse? If so replace it with a PS/2 one.

    This may seem a strange thing to do but once the install starts, turn off
    the monitor. wait about 40 minutes until most of the instal should be
    completed and turn the monitor on to see where it is.

    You could also try running memtest http://www.memtest.org/

    Tony, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I have a PS2 mouse. I'll try the other suggestions and let you know if it
    worked.... thnx for the advice ;o)

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 21, 2005
  4. Peter

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Oct 21, 2005
  5. Peter

    kenny Guest

    seems to me like a ram conflict.... perhaps your chips differ
    if you have 2 take one out and try to install xp
    then after installation put it back in

    you can also try going into the bios and increasing the memory latency and
    decreasing the speed

    tell me what happenes....

    Kenny www.computerboom.com

    kenny, Oct 21, 2005