    picutres.

    Thank you

    Ohm

    Ohm, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Ohm

    Charles Guest

    Strong side lighting, try taking the project into the sun, as directly
    lighter as you can arrange without casting shadows on the parts. If
    that works, then you can set up with some artificial lights,
    incandescent probably the easiest to correct for color. flash is
    difficult because you can't see what's going to happen until after it
    does. A flash with tent lighting should work, but a bunch of
    incandescent bulbs would be easier to set up for low production.

    Charles, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Ohm

    Scott W Guest

    Try a flatbed scanner, for most boards this works very well.

    Scott

    Scott W, Feb 13, 2006
  4. If I were to do this, this is my proposed setup.

    Tripod for camera.

    Small easle, this to setup the module on.

    Desktop halogen lamp, this to illuminate the subject from the side, maybe 10
    or 15 watts max.

    Adjust physical light position so that you can see the lettering in the view
    finder.

    You could try an LED flashlight as well.

    You could purchase a ring flash that goes around the outside of the lens,
    but this may be too expensive.

    http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/EXT-FLASH/RING/RING.html

    Richard Tomkins, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Ohm

    jimn Guest

    Time for my Nikon F with my 105 macro lens, a tripod and a softbox,
    Done deal. Shooting distance, 5 feet, full frame, done deal. I woul
    use my D70s if I had a suitable macro lens...but I haven't bought it yet.

    Jim

    jimn, Feb 13, 2006
  6. Ohm

    Lionel Guest

    This is the method I use too. It works very well, & is much easier than
    using a camera.

    Lionel, Feb 13, 2006