    Nope. Bush may have been wrong about some things, but he wasn't lying. He
    believed the same intelligence reports that John Kerry, Al Gore, Bill and
    Hilary Clinton and Tom Daschle believed for 8 years.

    Rick, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    Yup. based on [1] and other reputable sources I believe Bush was kept
    on a need-to-know-nothing basis and only shown the same cooked
    information that Powell and Congress was shown. Bush din't lie. He
    was clueless. Cheney knew.

    [1] http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A39500-2003Aug9?language=printer

    Al Dykes, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    The Iraqi debt to other countries was in the hundreds of billions,
    largely Russia and France and Arab oil countries, minimally to the US.
    It was *WAY* beyond their ability to pay with oil revenues.

    IMO the regime change gave them a figleaf of cover for doing away with
    the debt, only then could Halliburton do business and get paid. Any
    Iraqi government that was a legal descendant, no matter how
    democratic, would still have the debt.

    Al Dykes, Sep 30, 2005
  4. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    oops... another IDIOT with nothing worth listening to.

    all I have to say is:

    CAPS LOCK ON

    -PLONK-

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    I can.. The Shaw Group

    Which the MSM quickly dropped from mention when it was exposed.

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    Even if he does... what the hell does that have to due with anything?
    Should he sell his stock and buy Home Depot!

    Why is it that conservatives are demonized for living in America and
    participating in the free market?

    Give us a few names of Democrats that own stock in Halliburton?

    Sounds like DNC talking points. Pretty lame.

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    What infra structure? It was barely functioning. Except in the 20
    palaces Saddam built.

    Why don't you half empty glass folks do a little research and find out
    what is actually going on in Iraq? Find out the truth over what the
    liberal MSM want you to think?

    Easier to be negative I quess.

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  8. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    His own words... looks like an analysis by someone. Just like your
    doing here in this thread.

    I challenge you to find ONE quote where President Bush said Iraq was
    an "Imminent" threat.

    Never was said... any more then he said Saddam was involved in 9/11.
    Again, according to this gentlemans analysis?

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  9. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    We think the liberals take Koolaid via cigar... like Monica.

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  10. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    We are fighting a loosing battle. For some reason, we have yet to
    learn that FACTS and reason get you nowhere with liberals.

    To many cigars...

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  11. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    Yea man.. it's a "living" document. Wonder if my mortgage could be
    considered a living document. Things have changed since I signed it.

    never mind

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  12. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    Absolutely !!!!!!

    Thank god we have a President that isn't a poll driven, narcissistic,
    morally bankrupt, politician like the last occupant in his position.

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  13. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    Your point ?

    OBL: He had no less then three chances to kill OBL. But he was either
    afraid or busy on the golf course or under the desk with whoever. Plus
    he had the chance to take custody of him. His own words!
    http://www.newsmax.com/clinton2.mp3
    Here is the transcript.

    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/20/112336.shtml

    Sudan: His own Sec of Defense didn't support our troops with the
    requested and proper equipment, which ended in brutal deaths and
    defeat followed by the ultimate defeat, RETREAT!
    That was when OBL decided he could take on the US.

    http://w3f.com/article.html

    Rowanda? What did the first black President do to save the 100,000
    black Africans that where slaughtered? When you find out, let us all
    know please.

    Yugoslavia: illegal war. Never authorized by congress or more
    importantly according to JF'n Kerry, the UN. Especially a Republican
    controlled Congress.

    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Yugoslavia/BillClintonsWar_Yugo.html

    A war declaration is required by the Constitution, how did Clinton,
    unilaterally begin the action in Yugoslavia?

    Why did he do so? What were the daily headlines?
    Nah, he wouldn't dare do something like that to get the word
    "impeachment" of the front page. He's not the type to be concerned
    about a legacy. He is a man of conviction. (huh)

    Explain to us the security threat we faced from just ONE of the places
    you listed.

    Where any of these countries shooting at our air craft and airmen?
    Where any under ceasefire treaties?
    Did they openly support terrorists and have known connections to
    terrorism?

    You get the point?

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  14. Al Dykes

    Mikey Guest

    Why can't these folks figure that out on their own?

    The Congress at the time was controlled by Republican majority.

    I think some of the comments are akin to flailing.

    Anyhow, this thread needs to die.

    signing off...

    Mikey, Oct 1, 2005
  15. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    Precisely.

    http://www.pol.uiuc.edu/news/largio_thesis.pdf

    Uncovering the Rationales for the War on Iraq:
    The Words of the Bush Administration, Congress, and
    the Media from September 12, 2001 to October 11, 2002
    by Devon M. Largio

    Page 157/162 (the author, talking about the last runup to the war)
    Wanting to stop the spread of weapons of mass destruction is a valid
    claim, as well. Unfortunately, no weapons of mass destruction have
    been found in Iraq, making the need to invade and remove the weapons a
    questionable move. To be fair, just because no weapons have been found
    yet does not preclude there being weapons hidden somewhere in Iraq.
    Yet, now the administration talks about (weapons programsv as opposed
    to claiming that Iraq actually had weapons of mass destruction;
    however, administration members can be found stating that Iraq did
    have the weapons, some even saying that the knowledge was (certain.v

    So, if there are no weapons, then where is the imminent threat? Only
    one of the officials actually used the words (imminent threatv in his
    remarks; but trying to say that that was not the meaning of the other
    officials] words seems trivial and picky, like the controversy over
    what (isv meant during the Clinton scandal. The media or some other
    source may have coined the term (imminent threatv but that should not
    remove the administration and Congress from blame if, in fact, the
    threat from Iraq was not as pressing as they made it out to be.

    Though President Bush and his advisers may not have said that the
    threat was imminent, they did not dispel the myth and they certainly
    did not make remarks to the contrary; rather, they made comments about
    a (grave and gathering danger,v the need to stop the gun from firing,
    and the impossibility of knowing the true magnitude of the Iraqi
    threat. Whether or not that meant imminent, one cannot say. Yet, one
    can infer from these comments that America should have been seriously
    concerned about Iraq and should have done something immediately to
    halt the impending doom that was sure to come our way if Saddam
    Hussein was not stopped.

    Al Dykes, Oct 1, 2005
  16. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    Explain why a specific UN speach preempts all other statements by the
    President. (I think it was you that made this claim. in not, never mind.)

    What facts do you have in mind.

    The president wasi Sadam was a threat to the US and we now know he
    wasn't.

    We were lied to.

    Why does Clinton have to do with it?

    Al Dykes, Oct 1, 2005
  17. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    To which Democrats roundly expressed their disapproval.

    Bush has initialed a pointless, needless war resulting in the death of
    2000 GIs, the maiming for life of multiples of that number and $200
    billion plus interest added to the national debt.

    Al Dykes, Oct 1, 2005
  18. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    This is a good place to start.

    http://www.brookings.edu/iraqindex

    Al Dykes, Oct 1, 2005
  19. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    Iraq wasn't the center of anything. It was completely contained and
    had no weapons that were of any danger to anyone but his own people.

    Here's Gen. Zinni's speech on the containment ond threat of Iraq

    http://www.cdi.org/program/document.cfm?DocumentID=2208&from_page=../index.cfm

    Al Dykes, Oct 1, 2005
  20. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    That article doesn't support you case AFAIKT. Clinton made several
    attempts at getting OBL and was handicaped by the Republican congress
    ("No Blod For Monica", "Wag The Dog", etc) and the lack of an Armed
    UAV which he expidited the development of. (Source: _Ghostwars..._ by
    Cole.) and the 9-11 commission report.
    And his SecDef appoligized and resigned. Rumsfeld should have so much
    class.

    Show me a *SINGLE* republican that wanted to support the president
    in any effort in Africa. CLinton wanted to help.
    Zinni, and others had identified Sudan, Yeman, Syria, and other places
    and MUCH higher on the list of countries that supported international
    terrorism than Iraq. (SOrce: _Pretext for War_, Bamford.)

    Iraq had no relationship with AQ and OBL beyond the occasional "phone
    call". SH and OBL were natural enemies based on religious dogma and
    competitition as leaders of the Arab/Islamic world. (Source:
    _Ghostwars..._ by Cole.) and the 9-11 commission report.
    No. Bush invaded a country based on lies to the American people.

    Al Dykes, Oct 1, 2005