Pics Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in IE and Outlook

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jen, May 11, 2005.

  1. Jen

    Jen Guest

    I'm using Windows Home Edition Service Pack 2, IE 6.0, Outlook 6.0 Mcafee,
    Sun Java, Shockwave and Macromedia Flash.

    I am having trouble viewing some pictures and advertisements now on IE and
    also in some mail in my outlook after installing windows service pack 2 and
    it just appears as a red x, or just as a page cannot be displayed, and when
    right clicking to see the properties it has the url where the picture is
    from and it is usually a gif file, but i can see gifs fine on certain other
    sites, and obviously the right clicking 'show picture' does nothing.

    I tried playing around with many options, but i cant seem to fix it, am i
    missing something, is something checked that shouldnt be? I keep searching
    around google, and the microsoft site to no avail, the help there doesnt
    solve my problem.

    I can't even think of what certain pictures it is not displaying, i thought
    it was shockwave at first, but downloading that didnt change.

    Need more info to help me out, just let me know what you need.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Jen.

    Jen, May 11, 2005

  2. Jen

    Unk Guest

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options. Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down
    to "Multimedia", check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
    placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

    Now click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings"
    button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will
    increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
    Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE
    starts acting funny.

    Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary
    Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"

    For web images:
    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

    If that didn't fix it, then check here:

    Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176945

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223050

    Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181836

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    For Email:
    Check your image registry settings:
    Why can't I see any images in my messages
    http://www.oehelp.com/noimg.aspx

    Make sure that the sender has 'Send pictures with messages'
    set in Tools, Options, Send, HTML Settings.

    Make sure that the full path to the image/s are correct
    in the message source (View / Source).

    Run Outlook Express; click Tools, Options, "Security" tab.
    Uncheck the box, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a
    virus" and Uncheck the box, "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail."
    Click "Apply", "OK"

    Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 or SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570

    OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

    Unk, May 11, 2005

  3. Jen

    Jen Guest

    still the same. 2 examples, at excite.com i can't see any pictures or
    advertising, at mlb.com i can't see the ads, but i can see some pictures
    and whatever they have that is mac. flash. on yahoo, i can see
    everything, even ads.

    very weird and i dont understand why.

    Jen, May 12, 2005