    and PTG was putting a stright line through the rippled down the bottom
    below the buoy.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermoon/2361312998/sizes/l/

    Father McKenzie, Mar 25, 2008

  2. Hey Fr - nice work, although I do think it wants a foreground
    element.. maybe a little row-boat..? Don't you keep one in your bag?

    I'm about to get into panoramas more over the next 6 months - i can
    feel it in my lenses.. And I really want to get the hang of them
    'stepped out' ones, just like the great man has demonstrated... (O:

    In PTGui, did you find the straightening thingies, (I think they are
    "T" control points..)? They have worked for me when things got a
    little bent, but it took me a while to work out how to use them. (Now
    that I know how to use them, I must have been pretty thick..)

    mark.thomas.7, Mar 26, 2008

  3. Father McKenzie

    ray Guest

    FWIW - I have found that the pandora plug-in for GIMP does a pretty good,
    automated job on panoramas.

    ray, Mar 26, 2008

    Brendan Gillatt, Mar 26, 2008
  5. Works well with hugin too.

    John Ferguson, Mar 27, 2008
  6. Father McKenzie

    ray Guest

    Yes, but I find pandora much simpler.

    ray, Mar 27, 2008
  7. Father McKenzie

    bugbear Guest

    The extra control in Hugin comes in handy when you're pushing
    the envelope.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Mar 28, 2008
  8. Father McKenzie

    ray Guest

    Absolutely. I've only used pandora on fairly mundane projects.

    ray, Mar 28, 2008