    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it.
    Geniuses remove it

    Collector»NZ, Jan 20, 2005

  2. heh, I was thinking about the slash dot effect the other day, and the
    fact that slash dot is under that every day, all the time... does anyone
    know where to get details on their connection etc? I've had a browse,
    and can't see it there, but it must be quite huge.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 21/01/2005 10:31 a.m.:
    No details on the slashdot connectivity but an observation would be that
    slashdot suffers less from its own efforts than the sites it mentions.
    The readership of slashdot is spread over the world time zones and its
    content is considerably republished by others (blogs and news services,
    emailers of links etc)
    All the same it must have a hell of a hit at 8-12am US time (yep I know
    the us is several time zones).

    I will do a snoop around as it is shaping up to a slow day. Though I
    must do a quick search for a damaged large lcd screen to buy cheap :cool:
    insurance is a wonderful thing.
    -- ======================================================================

    Collector»NZ, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    Enkidu Guest

    Heh! When I used to host the earthquake site it used basically stop
    whenever people jumped on after an earthquake!

    They really did get slashdotted when Barney appeared on the White
    Island Web cam.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Enkidu said the following on 21/01/2005 11:01 p.m.:
    Yes but they did survive it, the server got slowwww but it still
    servered during that, this morning it was slowish definately show the
    effect of Herald and stuff giving the URL plus pf course all us geeks
    here quoting it.

    Collector»NZ, Jan 21, 2005