    The stitched picture shows a curved street, the blocks on both extreme appear curving away from me. The software has of course simply stitched together the 8 pictures, retaining the perspective. The part of the street right in front of my flat is located close to the bottom edge in the resulting picture; the parts of the street four blocks away on either side appears about halfway up in the picture - thus giving a curved appearance to the street.

    Is there a software that can do the stitching while adjusting the perspective so that the street appears straight - as if the stitched picture had been taken from far away with a large zoom lens?

    Regards - JW

    John Wright, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Is there a software that can do the stitching while adjusting the
    perspective so that the street appears straight - as if the stitched
    picture had been taken from far away with a large zoom lens?

    Regards - JW
    -------------------------------------

    PanoTools can do this.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Sep 25, 2004

  3. John Wright

    andre Guest

    Yes.

    Panorama Factory does everything. First it morphs the image before
    stitching. You can download a free trial somewhere (just google for it).
    Its incredibly powerful. You can either tell the program what kind of
    camera and what focal range you used or you can let the program detect
    it. Both approaches work excellent. I still prefer the first approach.
    you can get the information from the EXIF data.

    Andre

    andre, Sep 25, 2004