Photoshop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Technoholic, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Technoholic

The Modfather

I don't DL movies, I hate cam crap. I'll wait for the official releases on DVD.

The Modfather, Sep 20, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Technoholic

XhArD

exactly. so you don't download bootleg movies. download dvd rips :) It's easier for us than it is for you, because you'd have to wait for the movie to come out on dvd anyway. We, over in the land of Oz, can download dvd rips of american copies months before the movie comes out here :)

XhArD, Sep 20, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Technoholic

The Modfather

Care to explain how that works and how being in Oz makes it possible? Torrents are torrents, it doesn't matter where you live. If the thing isn't yet on DVD how are you going to get the DVD rip of it? You can't get ahold of something if it doesn't even exist yet. The best you can do is the same as anyone else, download a cam recording of a movie that someone got in a theater or at best, someone in the projector room made. But they all suck IMHO. I'd rather wait for the official release and buy it legit. I had The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy when it came out in the theaters, a friend gave me a rip of it. I tried to watch it, I got like 15 mins into it and said "screw this", it just wasn't worth it. Well, it came out last week on DVD and I got it. Unfortunately it SUCKS!!! Man, the BBC version blows it away. Forget special effects, there aren't many in this new version anyway but the acting is terrible, the plot is ripped to shreads and it just isn't funny. Marvin's just dumb, he's not paranoid. Zaphod's second head is in his neck??? Ford is a black guy? WTF!?! And they don't even bother to explain why it's important to know where your towel is. Dumb, just plain dumb. If you read the books and/or saw the BBC version of the movie you'll really hate this.
    Ok, I tured that into a review but what the heck, saves you having to sit through the movie now. :)

The Modfather, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Technoholic

XhArD

Thats exactly my point!! Over in America, dvds come out about 6 months before they do here. which means if you try to download a movie in america before its released, then there won't be a dvd rip of it available. If we try to download it before its released in AUSTRALIA, it will already be out in America. DVD rips will be available from american copies before the Australian copies are even released. Basiacally what I mean is that dvd rips exist before the actual dvdis released in Australia.

XhArD, Sep 21, 2005
  5. Technoholic

The Modfather

Oooohhhh! Okay, well in that case, it makes sense. I thought you were saying somehow you were getting these movies before they were ever pressed to DVD's in the first place. :)

6. Technoholic

unholy

you can sometimes
    if someone has a copy of the Image before its pressed. they can rip it within a hour and on te net within 2 hours so its up before all the DVD's have been pressed.

unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  7. Technoholic

The Modfather

Have to have an image first though. That won't exist until the production company makes it from the masters. So it's not really common. Sure you could get it say a week before release if you know someone who works at a video rental outfit, they have 'em ahead of time. But not much more before that.

8. Technoholic

XhArD

speaking of movies, I saw The Dukes of Hazzard today :D Very, very cool movie. But I wish they didn't have to destroy so many '69 Chargers :( they used 26 for this one movie :| This is one of the jumps that went wrong
    the Crash:
    [​IMG]
    The Aftershot:
    [​IMG]
    Photos courtesy of Jeff Wight - www.edmunds.com
    That's one of the ones that wasn't completely destroyed. That car could still run after that. '69 Charger is my favourite car of all time, and they ripped so many up :'(

XhArD, Sep 22, 2005
  9. Technoholic

unholy

they should give one to u... :D

unholy, Sep 23, 2005
  10. Technoholic

XhArD

you know some guy sold them TWO '69 Chargers for the movie, for $1 EACH?? On one condition: After they were finished with, they would be sold back to him for $1.25. One got destroyed in a jump, and the other got returned to him. He uses it as his daily driver again.

XhArD, Sep 23, 2005
  11. Technoholic

unholy

now thAT is funny

unholy, Sep 23, 2005
  12. Technoholic

XhArD

thats annoying for a couple of reasons. He sold the cars for $1 when they'd be worth a couple of grand at least, one got smashed up, and he can afford to use the remaining one as a daily driver. I WANT ONE!

XhArD, Sep 23, 2005
  13. Technoholic

The Modfather

You're just jealous. :)

The Modfather, Sep 23, 2005
  14. Technoholic

XhArD

yep :( I want one... a lot...

XhArD, Sep 23, 2005
  15. Technoholic

gabe aufiero

I was wondering if photoshop allowed layering of images?

gabe aufiero, Sep 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question