    Australia
    3ds files, and import 3ds in
    I can show u how to do some stuff in 3ds max if u want... its not overly hard. u just need to understand the UI :D probably

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Likely true... 3DS I can import in TS, not MAX though. Have you ever tried TrueSpace?

    The Modfather, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nope, y cant u import 3ds into max??? what version u got?

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I can import 3DS into Max, I can't import Max into TrueSpace though. I have 3DSMax 7. But like I said, I don't know how to use it, I use TrueSpace and only use Max for exporting Max files to 3DS so I can turn around and import those into TS.

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  5. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Do u have msn or skype or googletalk???
    Anyways, export it to a 3ds, open it in 3ds max... export from 3ds max to a 3ds open it in TS...

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  6. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  7. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Neat stuff there. I don't much do animations myself when it comes to renders, mostly it's stills. I do some flash ani work though. And yeah, that's what I've been doing but you do lose a lot when you convert like that. And converting a TrueSpace COB to 3DS and then importing it with MAX, often you wind up with nothing more than artifacts. Luckily I haven't had any real need to do much 3D work in the past year though. When I do renders it's usually to do them as concepts in 3D for case designs, sometimes for art pieces and so forth. Animation wise, I've done some using Lightwave for television but that's about it (local TV, nothing major).

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  8. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I have skype :) Haven't used it ina while though, not enough people use it :(

    XhArD, Sep 17, 2005
  9. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oh, I forgot to mention, yes, I use Skype... Oculus_Infernus is my Skype ID, but don't send a request without saying who you are though, I never accept those.

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  10. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i put a message in :p my account is "unholystudios" :D
    Yes u do get arifacts converting, best is to go to a raw data format such as 3ds or DXF (DXF comes from Autocad mainly) theres other... i dont have 3ds max installed right atm but going to within the week :D

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005
  11. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I can import DXF but I don't think I can export it, (With TS that is). I wish TS had some more plugins that made it compatible with other 3D rendering packages, but Max is so propriatary that it's not even very compatible with 3DS.

    The Modfather, Sep 18, 2005
  12. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    3ds in max is one of the Most current revisions its not really a 3d scene no more its a 3d animated scene with advanced Materials :D

    unholy, Sep 18, 2005
  13. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Which makes it pretty propriatary, hence conversions are damned near impossible. Ugh.

    The Modfather, Sep 18, 2005
  14. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    tried a 3rd party convertor?

    unholy, Sep 18, 2005
  15. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ain't none. There's one that does nothing BUT convert, but it's like $200 and well, screw that. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 18, 2005
  16. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    if its well known, go to google and type the name and "crack" :D

    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  17. Technoholic

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you might aswell go on a chat room and say "Can anyone send me a virus?"

    XhArD, Sep 19, 2005
  18. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    no actually i have only ever gotten one virus from cracks
    most end up working if u know what u are doing with exe's and dlls and registery

    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  19. Technoholic

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Umm... er.. I'm avoiding talking about stuff like that here because, well, the owner of this site may not appreciate that kind of thing being discussed. I could use BitTorrent of course, but it's not there. And it's not very popular, so no luck finding anything like that.

    The Modfather, Sep 19, 2005
  20. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    bit torrent died down awhile ago... massive drop int eh qaulity of the movies up...

    unholy, Sep 20, 2005