    Ive got Photoshop Elements, can I use that to get the upgrade price on PS8
    if I order it? cant see anywhere on the Adobe site if I can.

    chaz

    chaz, Jan 7, 2004

  2. chaz

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "chaz"
    Adobe offered a $299 upgrade option from Elements to Photoshop CS (or 8) for a
    while, not sure if it's still active or not. Check around on their site. This
    is about $130 more than the normal upgrade price but still much cheaper than
    buying CS new.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jan 7, 2004

  3. chaz

    Peter Aitken Guest

    The web site clearly states that Elements does *not* qualify for the
    upgrade. Only earlier versions of Photoshop on the same platform qualify.

    Peter Aitken, Jan 7, 2004
  4. chaz

    Don Coon Guest

    So what?!! Elements *DOES* qualify for an upgrade under certain
    circumstances and, in practice, I believe any copy of Elements with a serial
    # can be upgraded. I *KNOW* because I got an updated copy for $299.
    Supposedly, copies of Elements bundled with certain products such as a Canon
    10D can be upgraded. But from the nature of my conversation with the Adobe
    CSR I came to the conclusion that they'd upgrade any copy. In fact, I used
    a copy I had purchased outright rather than the copy I got with my 10D; I'd
    given that copy away.

    Soooo........ call an Adobe CSR and tell them you heard that you can do the
    upgrade and get it. For you nonbelievers, just keep using Elements and
    telling people "The web site clearly states....blah, blah, blah."

    Don Coon, Jan 7, 2004
  5. chaz

    Ed Guest

    You need to call Adobe and ask for the Elements ungrade. $299, at least
    last week when I got mine.

    Best regards,
    Ed

    Ed, Jan 7, 2004
  6. chaz

    chaz Guest

    Just called Adobe in the UK and the upgrade price was £450 that's a hell of
    a lot more than $299!! Its not fair!! Looks like I wont bother then!

    chaz

    chaz, Jan 8, 2004
  7. chaz

    Mike Guest

    the UK. Does anyone know why? Seems to be not only detrimental to Adobe but
    to UK potential customers as well. I note that the big digital camera
    manufactures do not bundle full software to customers in the UK, at least
    Fuji doesn't. It can't be to get American $'s over UK £'s Unless they can
    convert them to gold! I'm surprised our Department of Fair Trading (big
    joke) hasn't stepped in. But then the UK these days could not run a piss-up
    in a brewery.
    Pissed off
    Mike, who would like PS8 but didn't want to re-mortgage get it.

    Mike, Jan 8, 2004
  8. chaz

    Mike Guest

    So our upgrade to PS8 in US dollars = $707.85 as a against £450 UK. What do
    you in the USA think of that ? We, I hope are a band of brothers in
    photogrphy and my enjoyment should not cost me more than you bearing in mind
    we are not yet a third world economy. But give our government time and this
    sort of pricing disparity, we shure could oblige.
    MikeS

    Mike, Jan 8, 2004
  9. chaz

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Mike"
    We think you have strong consumer protection laws and a high VAT ;) To each
    his own ...

    Bill Hilton, Jan 8, 2004
  10. chaz

    Azzz1588 Guest

    You might want to bring that up with your own govt, and their
    facisination with the incredibly high VAT tax europeans are soooo
    fond of. (17% ??)

    Try getting a Meade, or Celestron telescope in the UK sometime.
    Again much higher cost than the USA. Again, high duties, and VAT tax...

    Pretty sure it is your own govt causing the cost to be soo high NOT
    the American manufacturers, or distributors...................

    Please check first before you instantly blame the USA !

    Azzz1588, Jan 8, 2004
  11. chaz

    Mike Guest

    Sorry if you read my post as a criticism of your government. Perhaps, if it
    pleases, you may read my post again. I don't claim to be a gentleman or
    guilty of friendly fire. Old chap.
    Regards MikeS

    Mike, Jan 8, 2004
  12. chaz

    Mike Guest

    That's interesting because as far as I know we follow the US in most things
    good and bad, but about 10 years latter. It was the US who pioneered
    consumer laws.
    I've just realised the pound is getting stronger against the dollar at 1.8
    dollars to the pound which makes the differences greater. The £450 required
    to get an upgrade to PS8 nearer $800 how does this equate to the $299 paid
    for an upgrade to PS8 in the US of A. Also 17.5 vat does not account for all
    the differences in prices between the US and the UK. Your state taxes are
    not the only tax you pay, I bet there is local tax and federal taxes and
    self assessment of personal income tax we have just started self assessment
    soon, I bet, we will be told what to withhold to pay are taxes soon at the
    moment we pay as we earn.
    MikeS
    ps I'm not getting at the US just the system If we ever get a world
    federation of governments taxes and currency will be a major headache.

    Mike, Jan 8, 2004
  13. chaz

    Roger Guest

    Chaz,

    I just call Adobe USA and asked about an upgrade path from Adobe LE or
    Adobe Elements to Photoshop CS. After much searching, the person I was
    talking to told me that there was not an official upgrade price but
    that they would sell me the software (Photoshop CS) for $499, most
    other prices I've see through suppliers is $649 for this package. I
    heard nothing about a $299 price.

    Regards,
    Roger

    Roger, Jan 8, 2004
  14. chaz

    Mike Guest

    Bill Hilton was a lucky chap, didnt he do well!
    MikeS

    Mike, Jan 9, 2004
  15. chaz

    Don Coon Guest

    I'd call again. Get another CSR and tell him you understand that the copy of
    Elements you got with your Canon 10D was eligible for a $299 upgrade to PS
    CS. Be politely assertive. Whether or not your copy came bundled with a
    10D is irrelevant. Many people have reported getting this upgrade price --
    including myself. Or if you don't like playing CSR roulette, pay $200 more.

    Don Coon, Jan 9, 2004
  16. chaz

    Frank ess Guest

    I bought a new computer with PS Elements 2 installed. In an "Adobe Deals"
    folder it offers an upgrade to PS CS for $299. If I buy it, can I sell it?

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jan 9, 2004
  17. chaz

    Bill Hilton Guest

    I just call Adobe USA and asked about an upgrade path from Adobe LE or
    I don't use Elements and didn't upgrade this way, I bought my CS upgrade for
    $152 from Dell since I already owned an earlier full version ... I was just
    passing along info others have posted about the $299 upgrade path from
    Elements, see the post from "Frank ess" for another example.

    Maybe the offer was only good for certain bundles, dunno. Win some, lose some
    :)

    Bill Hilton, Jan 9, 2004
  18. chaz

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Sorry if I went off on the deep end :)

    Interesting here in the states, they are looking HARD at
    taxing internet purchases in one's home state.

    There is already a box on the NY income tax form for people to fill in
    what they bought over the net, and than figure out the NY tax.
    (I live in VA thank you :)

    Not at all thrilling is it ?

    I do know that telescope buyers in the UK bitch at the price difference
    between USA price, and UK price for the exact same telescope.
    Still havnt figured that one out.........

    Azzz1588, Jan 9, 2004
  19. chaz

    Flycaster Guest

    If you agree to transfer the license and all disks, probably, but I'd check
    with Adobe to make sure there is no special restriction with this offer.

    Flycaster, Jan 9, 2004
  20. chaz

    Don Coon Guest

    Like Windows XP, PS CS is an Activation-controled product. It can only be
    installed on two computers intended to be both yours but.... I'm not sure
    how this impacts your ability to sell it but it could.

    Don Coon, Jan 9, 2004