    Youbhappy2 Guest

    Any difference between the Photoshop CS upgrade and Photoshop CS ? What about
    the one Amazon is offering for $170 vs. Adobe's $299 ?

    Youbhappy2, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Not really, however, the upgrade one checks for the existence an official
    previous version.
    They just got a better discount and pass it on to the customers.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Youbhappy2

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: (Youbhappy2)
    Yep, about $430 ...

    You need a valid serial number from an earlier version to install the upgrade
    but they are identical otherwise.

    Bill Hilton, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Youbhappy2

    Don Coon Guest

    You must be comparing the Upgrade from the full PhotoShop version vs. the
    upgrade from Elements to PhotShop CS.

    Adobe offers the upgrade from PhotoShop 7 to CS for $169. The $299 upgrade
    price is from Elements 2.0 to CS.

    Don Coon, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Youbhappy2

    Youbhappy2 Guest

    The upgrade from Elements, does that also check for to see if you have elements
    installed? We are switching to a new computer, and I don't think that will be
    installed, all I have is the serial number. The CSR said I could still get the
    upgrade, but she didn't say anything about having to have Elements installed on
    the new computer. Anybody have an answer?

    Youbhappy2, Jan 13, 2004
  6. On my recent re-installation of CS upgrade on a brand new harddisk, I was
    only asked to insert the original version's CDROM. I have to assume that the
    type of upgrade determines what disk (probably the program executable) it
    looks for. I didn't have to (couldn't) type a serial number in any of the
    dialogs.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 13, 2004
  7. Youbhappy2

    Don Coon Guest

    The upgrade from Elements does not check for an installed version. They send
    you a full version of PS CS.

    Don Coon, Jan 13, 2004
  8. It used to be you only needed a serial number. But now the installer
    wants to find a previous install already on disk, or to be presented
    with the original CD from a previous version (as well as the serial
    number, of course).

    (That's as of PS6 or so; I don't have more recent versions).

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 14, 2004
  9. Youbhappy2

    Dave Guest

    Is this the upgrade that Amazon is selling for <$200, or is it from Amazon?

    Thanks,

    Dave

    Dave, Jan 14, 2004
  10. Youbhappy2

    Don Coon Guest

    The upgrade from Elements is/was available from Adobe for $299. Search this
    site using google for details and disagreements regarding this upgrade. I
    did it so I know it works/worked.

    The upgrade from previous editions of PhotoShop costs $169 and is available
    from Adobe, Amazon and I assume other vendors.

    Don Coon, Jan 14, 2004