    Is this normal business practice for Adobe? Any similar experience?

    Regards,
    John B

    John B, Jan 14, 2004

  2. John B

    PhotoMan Guest

    Did they ask for any info on your current version, such as whether it was
    registered with them, or the Key number?
    Thanks,
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004

  3. John B

    Crownfield Guest

    they may not, but the install may.

    Crownfield, Jan 14, 2004
  4. John B

    PhotoMan Guest

    Is the upgrade downloadable or can the full retail package be ordered?
    Joe

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004
  5. John B

    John B Guest

    They asked for the key number for my current version of Elements.

    John B

    John B, Jan 14, 2004
  6. John B

    John B Guest

    I am receiving the full retail package in 5 to 7 business days.

    John B

    John B, Jan 14, 2004
  7. John B

    Don Coon Guest

    I think they originally made upgrade offers for copies of Elements bundled
    with a Microtek scanner and when the word got out they decided to expand the
    offer to other products bundled with Elements. Then they decided to offer
    the upgrade for any copy of Elements 2.0 with a serial number.

    I have no proof of this except that I've haven't seen any upgrade link
    except the one for the Microtek scanner. And when I asked for the upgrade
    for the copy bundled with my Canon 10D, the CSR seemed to hestitate saying
    something like: "I think there is one but it's new to me...." Then he went
    ahead and gave me the upgrade. During the process I remembered I had given
    away my bundled copy since I already had a purchased copy. I told the CSR
    as much and, without a pause, he gave me the upgrade price.

    Don Coon, Jan 14, 2004
  8. John B

    PhotoMan Guest

    Sounds like they're easy to get along with. I wasn't aware of the upgrade
    offer with Elements. I have Elements 2 which was bundled with my dRebel.
    Hopefully, they'll assist me retroactively with a credit or partial refund,
    since I bought the retail CS package. Thanks for the help, people!
    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004
  9. John B

    JJ Guest

    Now that is really annoying! I have the retail Elements 2 as well as the
    bundled copy with my 10D - and I got the CS upgrade from Adobe Europe ... at
    GB £ 476 - what a rip off!!

    All inward and outward e-mail scanned by NAV Professional 2003

    JJ, Jan 15, 2004
  10. John B

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    Wow! I'm going to try to call Wolfram and get Mathematica for $19!

    JPS, Jan 15, 2004
  11. John B

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "John B"
    So what did ya tell them?

    Annika1980, Jan 16, 2004
  12. John B

    John B Guest

    I read the number that came with my Elements CD to them.

    JB

    John B, Jan 16, 2004
  13. John B

    Don Coon Guest