    How will I be able to get any support? It's half of the year I'm waiting for
    answer for a few simple questions from Adobe. I didn't get any response at
    all.

    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?=, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Bill Hilton

    Rick Guest

    If you had a desktop computer at home and in your office,
    and a laptop to work on the road, would you pay another
    $600 to buy a second copy of Photoshop? Personally I
    don't know anyone who would (well, maybe outside of
    Tony Spadaro), nor should they be forced to. It's also
    common these days for people to have more than two
    computers in their homes, even though only one is used
    at a time. Do you think those who use a cracked version
    of PS will be limited to two installations?

    Rick

    Rick, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Bill Hilton

    Troy Guest

    I was mistaken on this, then. I had misread and thought when it was
    stated that it was reading something unique from the drive, I thought it
    was simply getting the drive or volume serial number. To blindly write
    directly to the hard drive is, I'll admit, very stupid. I understand why
    people are in an uproar about this particular form of activation. It
    *is* very intrusive.

    Troy, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Bill Hilton

    Don Coon Guest

    SNIP
    Well, I have two computers at home and a laptop for the road. I'd never,
    ever, ever consider doing any serious photo editing on a laptop. Tried it
    once during a trip out west and it was guess work at best. Any cheap
    editing program would have worked just as well on the laptop.

    So two copies are more than enough.

    Don Coon, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Bill Hilton

    Don Coon Guest

    Intrusive, if it's true that it's writing "blindly" which I find hard to
    believe. If it is indeed true then Adobe deserves to be thrashed, beaten and
    pummeled. Has anyone asked them point blank if it's true?

    Don Coon, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Bill Hilton

    Rick Guest

    For you.

    Rick

    Rick, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Bill Hilton

    Joe Guest

    Now it makes sense and I agree with you that they just can't stop
    pirate, and the copy protection doesn't make much or any difference to
    the pirates but only causing trouble to the ones who pay for it.

    I have seen so many different kinds of copy protections and haven't
    seen any can't be cracked yet. Yes, I have seen the one burned hole to
    floppy, writing codes on extra track's, adding dummy file to confuse
    DOS, dongle, parallel, game controller, writing hidden file to hard
    drive, floppy (to limit the number of installation).

    Joe, Nov 26, 2003
  8. Bill Hilton

    Joe Guest

    Well, just help yourself with a cracked version then you will be a
    much happier Adove supporter. What you are missing is the trouble you
    may run into when your system crashing, upgrading system, upgrading hard
    drive etc.. then you will find out you miss the cracked version <g>.

    Joe, Nov 26, 2003
  9. Bill Hilton

    Don Coon Guest

    Well, just help yourself with a cracked version then you will be a
    much happier Adove supporter. What you are missing is the trouble you
    may run into when your system crashing, upgrading system, upgrading hard
    drive etc.. then you will find out you miss the cracked version <g>.

    Oh! The sky is falling, the sky is falling, run............

    With Windows XP I heard the same crap. I've since upgraded both drives, the
    CPU, added memory, and in the process had to reinstall XP due to the
    replacement of the C: drive. It was no problem at all. I also notice that
    the XP activation whiners have mostly slithered away.

    Don Coon, Nov 26, 2003
  10. Bill Hilton

    Mxsmanic Guest

    In general, you need a really good monitor to do serious work with
    Photoshop. That excludes laptops.

    Mxsmanic, Nov 26, 2003
  11. Bill Hilton

    Rick Guest

    Not slithered away. Most are either using a cracked version
    of XP (which makes whining about activation unnecessary)
    or have simply decided against upgrading from Win2K. See
    how it works? And if MS's claims about casual piracy were
    true their revenues from WinXP sales should have soared.
    They didn't. Not even slightly. Meanwhile they're spending
    millions every year supporting WPA. Adobe will have to
    live and learn, just like Microsoft, Novell, Intuit etc.

    Rick

    Rick, Nov 26, 2003
  12. Bill Hilton

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Rick is such a power user he needs 45 computers running photoshop. Of
    course he only spends ten minutes a day at each and never actually gets
    anythign done, but man he can look busy,
    For your information Ricky me boyo, I have Photoshop on 3 computers right
    now. My scanning and printing computer, my getting the work done computer,
    and this one where I might have to do a bit of tweaking before I put an
    image on the web or email it out. However, I never even put version 6 on
    this computer so I doubt I'll feel any pain about not being able to upgrade
    it to CS.
    You claim that you, and all of your thousands of angry anti-activision
    activists have legit copies of Photoshop currently, so you, like me should
    be able to leave your dozens of copies of 3,4,5,6, and 7 on all but your 2
    most heavily used computers (in your case that would be the two you use to
    download porn). So your whole argument basically amounts to sour grapes and
    dumb gripes. You are pretty much the poster boy for the common put-down "Get
    a Life."

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Nov 27, 2003
  13. Bill Hilton

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I wonder how all those people buying computers are getting the XP off
    them. Do you suppose they just throw away the hard drive and switch in a 20
    Megger from their old IBM AT? Do you suppose that maybe you're full of...
    Naaa - you don't suppose anything like that - too much logic involved and
    your brain already hurts real bad.

    Tony Spadaro, Nov 27, 2003
  14. Bill Hilton

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Actually you can do a fair amount of web work without a top
    dollar monitor. Net surfers monitors are all over the block
    on color and contrast. I find that contrast, sharpness, and
    size matter most in my web work.

    Of course your milage may vary.

    ---- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Nov 27, 2003
  15. Bill Hilton

    Joe Guest

    Same with WinXP, you can use the cracked version to bypass the
    actication, so you don't need to be a whiner.

    Joe, Nov 28, 2003
  16. Bill Hilton

    Jeremy Guest

    Well, speaking as a self-selecting survey of size 1, I can say that
    100% of paid-up Adobe PS customers will not be upgrading to software
    that writes to reserved areas of my HD in the way that CS does, for
    the reasons that you describe above: it is incompatible with my
    back-up strategy, and as a user who knows just enough to worry and not
    enough to fix problems, I don't want to add another layer of
    uncertainty to my system for the future. No doubt Adobe can live
    without my £125, but I hope there are enough of us around to make
    ourselves heard the only place management listens ... the golf course.

    J.

    Jeremy, Nov 28, 2003
  17. Bill Hilton

    jjs Guest

    So there is no activation for PS on OS-X! Good! Because that swings me to
    go Macintosh all the way! Got a G5 on order! The other benefit is that I
    get Apple's pretty darn good digital video editing for free. I'll give the
    lab XP-Pro system to somebody in dire need.

    jjs, Nov 28, 2003
  18. Bill Hilton

    Nick C Guest

    Great solution. Buy it first then scream. <G>

    Nick

    Nick C, Nov 28, 2003
  19. Damn right. Just today I had the great pleasure to tell
    Adobe customer support that I won't buy Premiere Pro but
    instead ordered Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5 for my new
    video editing seat. For no reason other than their
    activation policy.

    It is even cheaper, has better integration into broadcast
    server environments and it simply feels better not to be
    treated like a criminal by somebody who wants my money.

    Michael Quack, Nov 28, 2003
  20. Bill Hilton

    bwphototwo Guest

    I have been a PS user since version 3. Mike,
    I strongly appose the 'activation' process MicroSoft put in to the XP
    OS and I strongly oppose Adobe doing the same.
    I am the Information Director of a 800 million dollar company. I will
    not allow XP to be used on any computer in our company. I am also
    well into the process of converting from MicroSoft desk tops to Linux
    Desk tops. I will not allow any user in the company to upgrade to
    the
    new version of PS as long as the current process is in place.
    It would be very foolish of MS to think that I am the only on make
    this move. Adobe should wake up before other make a move away
    from them.
    Steve....

    bwphototwo, Nov 28, 2003