Photos Trapped! Help with escape plan...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nick ring, Sep 24, 2003.

  1. nick ring

    nick ring Guest

    Perhaps someone can help on this one.

    My wife works for a non-profit. Someone donated a Konica Q-M100V, which
    she used to take some pictures at an event. Now we can't transfer the
    photos to the computer.

    The camera has a serial connection, but one I don't know--it looks like a
    weird USB connection or supersmall scsi interface. The cable didn't come
    with the camera. Can I buy one of these online? My searches were
    fruitless.

    The photos are stored on a 4MB compact flash card that came with the
    camera. When put into the Unity Digital card reader they had at her work,
    the drive and card are mounted, but clicking on the folder gives me this
    error message:
    "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."
    Is this because of some proprietary formatting on the Konica? Is there a
    way around it? the computer is networked running Windows NT. The card
    reader has a driver, but no configuration options.

    to sum up, I need to transfer the photos, either by cable or card reader.
    How do I:
    1. find a serial cable that fits the Konica q-m100v?
    2. access the card?

    any help is greatly appreciate.
    -nick

    nick ring, Sep 24, 2003

  2. nick ring

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    Mick Ruthven, Sep 24, 2003

  3. nick ring

    Quaoar Guest

    www.konica.com has the specifications for the camera. The interface is
    serial with a proprietary cable. The camera was designed for Win95 and
    uses a TWAIN interface for the photos as jpg. A complete set of
    drivers/software is available at the Konica Digital Camera support site.

    For more information or help with the digital camera, scanner, or
    photographic printer drivers, call 1-888-7KONICA (1-888-756-6422) or
    write .

    Quaoar, Sep 24, 2003
  4. I assume the reader works OK with other CF cards. The card may be
    defective. More likely, something hspprened in writing files to the card.
    Perhaps the camersa was shut off before the writing operation was done, so
    the FAT (file allocation table) was damaged. A file recovery program might
    be able to do the job.

    Marvin Margoshes, Sep 24, 2003
  5. nick ring

    Marius Guest

    Try to recover with the last freeware version of Digital Image Recovery
    http://www.foto-erhardt.de/modules.php?name=Downloads
    It will copy the rescued files on your harddisk.

    Only for use on your computer with a card reader or when your camera is seen
    by your computer. After finishing your rescue operation always format the
    card in your camera.

    Marius

    Marius, Sep 24, 2003