Photos of Historical Center of Lima

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Mar 14, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Mar 14, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 14/03/2010 06:33, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I did these photos in the Historical Center of Lima
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4430468521/

    You are too close to the base of the tower. Top is cut off, base is
    invisible. Distracting element on the left. Nothing to save here.

    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4430562937/

    At first it looks like a picture of the porch that is too close (sides
    and ground cut off), and then one notices the statue in the middle that
    could have been your intended subject, but it's way too small (statues
    taken from under rarely make good pictures anyway).

    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    PS: while we are at it: either correctly cross-post to both
    rec.photo.digital and alt.photography or post to only one of them.

    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Mar 14, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:4b9cd09c$0$30006$...
    > On 14/03/2010 06:33, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I did these photos in the Historical Center of Lima
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4430468521/

    > You are too close to the base of the tower. Top is cut off, base is
    > invisible. Distracting element on the left. Nothing to save here.

    Hello, what about this change?

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4432343404/

    Thanks for your comment,

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Mar 14, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 14/03/2010 16:19, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > "Ofnuts"<> escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:4b9cd09c$0$30006$...
    >> On 14/03/2010 06:33, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> I did these photos in the Historical Center of Lima
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4430468521/

    >> You are too close to the base of the tower. Top is cut off, base is
    >> invisible. Distracting element on the left. Nothing to save here.

    > Hello, what about this change?
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4432343404/

    Better... a quick glance at GoogleEarth shows that this church is a the
    the corner of two rather narrow streets, so you can't get sufficiently
    far away to get the whole tower in one shot.

    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Mar 14, 2010