    Faites que le rêve dévore votre vie afin que la vie ne dévore pas votre
    rêve.
    [Antoine de Saint Exupéry]
    email : Dalip at ifrance.com
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmrw/

    Eurydice, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Eurydice

    AK Guest

    Taking pictures of performers (or chessplayers) on a platform is always
    difficult because the lighting is usually less than the human eye perceives,
    and very uneven. So your shutter speed is slow, meaning you get camera
    shake, and, of course, if the subject moves even a little, blurry pictures
    Admittedly, chessplayers are relatively slow moving subjects ...

    Basically, the only way you can improve this situation is to use a faster
    shutter speed and a solid tripod (to avoid camera shake), and use the spot
    exposure setting rather than the matrix exposure setting if your camera
    permits this. You can get a higher shutter speed, as I think you are aware,
    by selecting a higher ISO rating for your pictures. If your camera doesn't
    permit this, you may need a more professional camera. However, be aware
    that at the higher ISO ratings (1600, for example), there is more digital
    noise in the pictures.

    Alan

    AK, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Eurydice

    Alan Browne Guest

    Jeez ... I'd take advantage of that low light and snap the shot
    while a piece is being moved and add some action to the portfolio.

    Alan Browne, Sep 1, 2004