PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim34, Sep 18, 2007.

  1. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    Paul M. Cook, Sep 19, 2007

  2. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    I'm putting money on yes.

    Paul

    Paul M. Cook, Sep 19, 2007

  3. Jim34

    Mick Brown Guest

    We are doing the same in November here (Aus)

    Mick Brown, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Jim34

    willshak Guest

    Not to mention the annual foreign aid that we give to many other
    countries, whether or not they are having, tsunamies, earthquakes, or
    other natural disasters. I suppose we could have given a lot more to
    Indonesia relief, but we would have to cut off, or give less to, those
    other countries.

    willshak, Sep 20, 2007
  5. Per HeyBub:
    Two entertaining posts by HeyBub.

    But that last sentence went right over my head?

    Can somebody explain?

    (PeteCresswell), Sep 20, 2007
  6. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    Only people of weak wills and minds will bother wasting even one moment of
    their
    So what does it say when we waste 4000 soldiers, 500 billion dollars and 1
    million civilians?

    Paul

    Paul M. Cook, Sep 20, 2007
  7. Jim34

    Paul M. Cook Guest

    A comment on the dentally challenged Brits. Former imperialists and rulers
    of the waves.

    Paul

    Paul M. Cook, Sep 20, 2007
  8. Jim34

    willshak Guest

    That's due to all the tea they drink. Really!

    willshak, Sep 20, 2007
  9. Disculpa Senora trijcomm, pero did you really mime the following on
    9/19/2007 1:21 AM???

    What a crock of horseshit! First, the general degree of religious
    fervor is not the same amongst Muslims in all countries. If you
    honestly believe that Muslims in (say) Saudi Arabia, Bosnia, Turkey,
    India and Afghanistan all think alike, you're truly deluded. While the
    clergy and their current leader are certainly classifiable as kooks,
    Iranian muslims for the most part are closer to Indians or Turks than to
    Saudis or Yemenis. Just because someone prays 5 times a day doesn't
    make the person a raving lunatic, any more than it does someone who goes
    to church every Sunday, or regularly observes the Sabbath and keeps Kosher.

    Second, you seem to be confused about being Jewish and being Israeli.
    From the tenor of your posts you are probably Jewish and I can
    certainly sympathize with you being peeved when an asshole like
    Ahmedinejad goes around organizing conferences that deny the Holocaust.
    But most of the Iranians I've met are not kooks. Obviously, I've not
    met Ahmedinejad or any of the mullahs, but I have known many Iranians -
    classmates in grad school, colleagues, and students that I have taught
    (in fact, I have one right now). By and large they've been pretty
    normal: one Iranian I knew was among the sweetest persons I've ever
    known, and yes, a couple of them were asshats as well. Which is what
    you'd get from pretty much any ethnic background. I don't recall a
    single one of them being virulently anti-Jewish the way you generally
    make out. Yes, when it comes to politics, most have been anti-Israel
    but certainly no more so than other Middle Easterners I've talked to
    like Saudis, Kuwaitis, Jordanians, Egyptians or Lebanese, and certainly
    less so than the Palestinians. In fact the most violently anti-Israeli
    guy I've known was a Libyan back in grad school - ironically, his
    academic adviser was a Jewish guy from Baltimore!

    Zaphod Beeblebrox, Sep 20, 2007
  10. That only speaks of how weak-willed and weak-minded is the majority of humanity.
    That's nothing new. There wouldn't even be any politicians nor religious leaders
    if it was otherwise. Easily summed-up in a button for your coat: "Never
    underestimate the stupidity of humanity."

    Or more eloquently, covering much more ground, in this statement:

    "There are none so lost, as those who follow." ~ caMel ~

    Think about it.

    If you need to follow anyone it only proves you are lost. If you continue to
    follow others you remain lost. You only become "saved", "found", "non-lost" when
    you are perfectly content with who you are and where you are and what you think,
    no matter what any fool or fools claim to the contrary. Hitler never harmed a
    living sole. It was all the lost followers that used his words as an excuse that
    did all the harm, words that they themselves wanted to hear him say, causing him
    to say them. Those who are the most lost and frightened will create a leader for
    themselves. They won't vote for that leader unless that person reiterates what
    caused them to become lost and frightened in the first place. Any elected leader
    is just a summation of the most confused and frightened majority of any
    population. That's all that any leader actually is, an unaware patsy of the
    idiotic lost fools. Then the elected leader is again too foolish to realize that
    being put in that position of "honor" is just making them into a figurehead and
    representative of the most immature and biggest fools in their society. ANY
    person willing to accept a leadership position is nothing more than a King of
    Fools. Simple as that.

    No religion nor leader nor savior nor god belief can save you from being lost,
    it can only make you more lost.

    A self-evident proof.

    The part that truly bites is that the rest of the people who have always known
    more and know better have to put up with this hierarchy of lost and frightened
    political and religious fools. This thread is a perfect example of how easily
    they are manipulated by their fears and insecurities in life. They've been
    trolled yet again by the middle-east cretins and don't realize it. Wasting their
    lives, yet again.

    And at that, that's the last that I will offer as your solution in how to not
    allow them to manipulate you for the rest of your life. I never participate in
    any parade of fools. Other than to point out how foolish their parade appears to
    someone that can't be manipulated by them.

    The Thread of Weak Minds, Sep 20, 2007
  11. Assertions without justifications.

    Band name!

    --Tedward

    Edward M. Kennedy, Sep 20, 2007
  12. Jim34

    Pan Ohco Guest

    Yes. thirty four years of dealing with dopers.
    No reportable income, means welfare, free medical care, food stamps,
    section eight housing, ect.

    Pan Ohco, Sep 20, 2007
  13. Jim34

    trijcomm Guest

    The fact that Muslims take the time to pray five times a day to Mecca
    shows they are much, much more dedicated to their religion than the
    West can even fathom. Iranian Muslims fit into that dedication mold as
    well. Praying five times a day makes one a lot more dedicated to their
    religious beliefs than somebody who goes to church and just sleeps
    every week -- especially since tons of folks in the West DON'T go to
    church every Sunday. Do you? And to say that "while the
    clergy and their current leader are certainly classifiable as kooks"
    doesn't make things any better since you can look at Germany and Japan
    in the same way during the 30s and 40s. As far as if the Iranians are
    more or less anti-Israel than other Mideasterners, that's kind of
    irrelevant since the Iranian leaders are talking about wiping Israel
    off the face of the earth and are trying to acquire the weaponry to do
    it. And don't be conned by this "they hate Israel and not the Jews"
    idea. Israel is a Jewish nation. If it were Muslim, they wouldn't hate
    them, would they? It is strictly hatred, plain and simple.

    trijcomm, Sep 20, 2007
  14. Jim34

    GMAN Guest

    So where are these 1million civilians buried?

    GMAN, Sep 20, 2007
  15. Jim34

    rich hammett Guest

    I asked for actual evidence, not your personal feelings.

    rich
    --
    -to reply, it's hot not warm
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    rich hammett, Sep 20, 2007
  16. Jim34

    Pan Ohco Guest

    O.K. Charles Taite, Southern District of Alabama U.S. district court.
    Nov of 1992 , Possession and sale of two kilos of crack cocaine.

    Taite was living in section eight housing, was receiving assistance in
    that he could not get a job (he said) due to a previous felony
    conviction.
    He was also on medicaid.

    Look it up

    Pan Ohco, Sep 20, 2007
  17. Jim34

    Haiku You Guest

    Man, if people were allowed to report crack dealing income, the welfare
    problem would be solved!

    Haiku You, Sep 20, 2007
  18. Jim34

    rich hammett Guest

    Federally-assisted housing and education and cash-welfare
    benefits are now FORBIDDEN for those with drug convictions.

    I guess this guy would not be on welfare, now.

    Why'd you have to go back 15 years to find one, anyway? Is it
    in the Hater Guide?

    rich
    --
    -to reply, it's hot not warm
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    rich hammett, Sep 20, 2007
  19. Jim34

    T Guest

    I love how he says 34 years of dealing with dopers. It's a little out of
    context since he didn't tell us what his role was at the time.

    BTW, I worked for the state Attorney Generals office and was in touch
    with members of the prosecution on a regular basis. Not once did we get
    drug dealers that were on welfare.

    T, Sep 21, 2007
  20. Jim34

    T Guest

    Ok, that's one case. That does not mean ALL drug dealers do such a
    thing.

    T, Sep 21, 2007