photography documentaries

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sobriquet, Jun 19, 2010.

  1. sobriquet

    whisky-dave Guest

    }If you're bothered and have the cash to sue them.
    What if you haven't the cash to spare or at all.

    } Also, what will you
    }do if your pictures
    }are used in china or some remote place? I think it's more practical to
    }accept the fact that your pictures can't really be protected once you
    }have put them online unless you are working for some kind of stock
    }agency that can put some serious effort in the legal hassle.

    So, if someone locks yuo uop in a dungeon and tortures you there's little
    you can do about it, but does that make it right ?.

    }As an individual artist, you can only show your pictures in a private
    }venue to avoid them ending up in the hands of others, but that might
    }also have the downside that it limits your exposure.

    But what if someone steals your camera and then they have the images.
    What if someone creates an image of you having sex with a child,
    would you have any reason for that not to be in the public domain ?
    I'ev heard that even in Amsterdam such things are illegal.

    whisky-dave, Jun 28, 2010

  2. sobriquet

    whisky-dave Guest

    No, more like: If you don't want others to take your money, then don't
    deliberately scatter
    your money out on the streets wherever you go.

    How many people do you think get mugged because they have
    deliberately scatter their money on the floor.
    Do you really think bank robbers go into a bank because they have heard that
    people are scattering their money on the floor.
    Is that why you think the robbers shout get on the ground ?
    If you don't want your car stolen, don't leave it out in a busy spot
    with the door open and the keys in the lock and expecting it will
    still be there
    if you check on it after a few years.

    How many peolpe does this happen to in teh real world ?

    If you don;t want to be raped, mugged beaten up, or murdered then you should
    commit suicide that tends to stop the above happening.
    If you don;t want your teeth knocked down the back of your throat then a
    dentist should remove them for you before someone else does.

    whisky-dave, Jun 28, 2010

  3. sobriquet

    whisky-dave Guest

    We'd all like to knock something off of sobriquet, but I don;t think even
    knocking his head off would affect him adversley.

    whisky-dave, Jun 28, 2010
  4. sobriquet

    yodasbud Guest

    I hate to step into what's obviously becoming an argument, but
    if you're posting on Usenet, that implies that you are following
    Usenet's terms, conditions, or guidelines, and if I'm not mistaken,
    one of those is that anyone may say anything they like either
    originally or in response to someone else's post, as long as they're
    not breaking any laws or using imflamatory speech (and actually I
    think they even allow that).
    Usenet's conditions precede yours'.

    yodasbud, Aug 30, 2010