    Read the ticket carefully! The back will usually have an exerpt of the
    regulations.
    Have fun!

    Bill Funk, Nov 10, 2005

  2. How about an example? Here is a photo I took in Katmai
    National Park in Alaska. The group of people was looking
    at a bear. I thought the group huddled in a tight
    place was more interesting than the bear!

    http://www.clarkvision.com/tmp/katmai.09.2004.IMG_7909.b-700.jpg

    Could a photo like this be published, say in a book about
    Katmai? Or a web site?

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Nov 13, 2005

  3. WhoTurnedOffTheLights

    ptravel Guest

    Sorry, but I can not give legal advice to non-clients -- neither my
    firm nor my malpractice carrier permits it. Commercial appropriation
    of likeness laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Also,
    commercial appropriation isn't the only concern -- false-light
    defamation and related privacy torts also could pertain.

    Nice photo, by the way.

    ptravel, Nov 13, 2005
  4. WhoTurnedOffTheLights

    Bill Funk Guest

    IANAL...
    In a book? For sale? Obviously not.
    A web site? That can be a can of worms. Is money made on the site (any
    Google ads, for example?)? If so, no.
    Even if it's on a site meant to promote a photographer who makes money
    with his craft, but the image itself isn't for sale, that's commercial
    use, and therefore not allowed unless you have releases.

    If, though, you have your own site, or put it on, for example, Pbase
    with no discernable connection to a commercial entity or enterprise,
    then it's probably OK, but if you're a pro photographer, just the fact
    that it's yours can get you into trouble.
    When in doubt, I'd get legal advice that I paid for.

    Bill Funk, Nov 13, 2005
  5. WhoTurnedOffTheLights

    kashe Guest

    kashe, Nov 16, 2005