    printers your advice, or recommendations, would be most welcome.

    Regards,
    John

    John, Jul 8, 2004

  2. John

    RG Guest

    Got a Canon 560i recently. It is excellent, under $300 and has the direct
    camera printer connection, plus you can connect via USB or conventional
    printer port.

    RG

    RG, Jul 8, 2004

  3. The EPSON R210 is hard to beat, list price is $299 but have a look on
    www.pricespy.co.nz

    A mate saw mine and got one himself, he is rapped.

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 8, 2004

  4. And Only 4 colors and a 18 month print head life, you are joking..?

    The EPSON R210 is a 6 Colour Printer, and the print head don't rot like
    Bubble Jet ones do..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 8, 2004
  5. John

    John Guest

    Had a look at this printer on the DSE web site and it seems to fit the
    bill.

    They also have a CANON S530D Inkjet Printer at under $200 but only in
    certain shops for direct buyers only:-(
    Also advertising a CANON i470D Bubblejet Printer at $299 do you have
    any knowledge of this printer?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 8, 2004
  6. John

    colinco Guest

    Apart from some frills it is basically an i560 ($278) with smaller ink
    carts.

    colinco, Jul 8, 2004
  7. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:21:49 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    Had a look at this printer to-day, and must say I was impressed. Apart
    from the amazing photo sample the shop assistant demonstrated, I
    really liked the option to print onto CD's, and the six ink cartridges
    seems like a great idea.

    Have you managed to break down the running cost of printing a normal
    100 x 150 print yet?

    At this stage I feel inclined to go with the Epsom R210, but still
    have an open mind re photo printers.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 9, 2004
  8. John

    colinco Guest

    Even 3 or 4 cart printers can produce good looking prints. 6 carts are
    great until you have to replace them at $25 a pop! How much text will
    you be printing? Some printers have a bigger black just for text.

    colinco, Jul 9, 2004
  9. John

    John Guest

    Use a small laser printer for all text work (Minolta PagePro 1200w).

    Intend to use the photo printer just for photo's and printing CD's
    (assuming I purchase the Epsom).

    At the moment I have an Hp845c that I use for colour printing. The
    problem with this printer it only has one cartridge for colour, if one
    colour get used up, the whole cartridge needs to be replaced.

    I still have an open mind in regards the printer I will eventually
    purchase, and Noel Lemmings will be opening a new store in Paraparaumu
    shortly and maybe there will be some opening specials:)

    Regards,
    John

    John, Jul 9, 2004
  10. John

    Robert Cooze Guest

    A dyesub printer can be had arround the $350.00 mark and the paper and
    dye ribbion can be purchaed for arround $49.00 for a pak of 40 pages of
    6"x4"
    If thats all you want to use it for better than ink jet end of story

    Robert Cooze, Jul 10, 2004
  11. John

    Paul Guest

    The HP Photosmart 145 is a good photo printer

    It uses memory card slots, 1 cartridge and doesnt
    need a PC to print photos. Just came down from
    309 to 298 at DSE. Cartridge will print at least
    200-250 photo sized photos. The only thing is it only
    prints onto photo sized (glossy paper). I use it for
    printing pics I take with this digital cam which uses an SD
    memory card slot. Just take the pic and chuck in the printer. Voila theres
    ya photo.

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/40f263a7003c08f6273fc0a87f9906bf/Product/View/XP0446

    Paul, Jul 12, 2004
  12. John

    John Guest

    Looked at the HP145 printer today at DSE.

    I noticed a HP130 on auction at TradeMe but the bidding has already
    reached $130 with two days still to go:-(

    The more I look into photo printer the more uncertain I'm becoming
    about which printer to purchase.
    I like the size of the HP145, and I certainly don't have a closed mind
    re this printer, but at this stage my preference is between the Canon
    i865, and the Epson R210.
    Reading the newsgroup "comp.periphs.printers" the general impression
    that I'm getting is the Epson has clogging problems? However, never
    having used an Epson I have no first hand experience to go by.
    If anyone has had experience with both these printers (Canon i865 and
    the Epson R210)I would appreciate their opinion.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 12, 2004
  13. John

    John Guest

    John, Jul 12, 2004
  14. John

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Couldent tell you from the web site :(

    A dyesub will have a colour cartage with all the colour in it. the
    colour is on a cellophane ribbon that goes something like this yellow
    magenta cyan and keeps on going once the ribbon advances that part is
    used like a typewrighter it cant be used again the colour on the ribbon
    is as large as the print media(paper) and the re charge packs come with
    paper and colour(ribbon)cartage.

    The Kodak Printer docks are dyesub printers as well as being A camera Dock.

    Sorry if this does not make too much sence. I had a Rough Night this
    morning.

    Robert Cooze, Jul 12, 2004

  15. Epsons only have clogging problems when used by Idiots and don't use the
    printer correctly.

    The Canon is only a Crap bubble jet, and Only 4 colours..

    Yes I have had 3 Epsons and now own a R210, for what it offers there is
    nothing at all to touch it..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 12, 2004

  16. Yes I have one got mine for $299 at LV Martins..

    Costs about $1.20 per print.

    Has nothing to do with a Panasonic camera, uses a PC or SD card, has a PC slot
    for other adaptors.

    Canon/Sony/Hi-Touch and many others do Dye Sub printers.

    Epson & HP ? do small Post card printers..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jul 12, 2004
  17. John

    geoffm Guest

    geoffm, Jul 13, 2004
  18. John

    John Guest

    Neither could I:)
    From what I have found the ink is in a cassette that is sold together
    with an amount of photo paper in a package. Sounds much like the Kodak
    package.
    Makes sense to me:) If I'm reading you correctly it would appear that
    the "Panasonic printer SV-AP10EN" is a "Dyesub printer".

    Thanks for the time spent in explaining things to me, much
    appreciated.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 13, 2004
  19. John

    John Guest

    Fair enough Roger that's your opinion, but do you have any basis other
    than the number of colours used, why the Canon is "Crap"?
    Is it possible to point to a web site, or review, that states the
    Canon is crap, this would make my purchase much easier:)
    How many Canon printers have you owned? Have you used the Canon i865?

    At this stage the reviews that I have read give both these printers a
    good recommendation, but in the printer newsgroup, the Canon seems to
    be the preferred manufacture.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 13, 2004
  20. John

    John Guest

    That's strange. I've rang LV Martins and they state that they don't
    stock the printer and as far as the guy I spoke too is concerned,
    never have.
    Are you sure that we are talking about the same printer? (Panasonic
    printer SV-AP10EN).
    I contacted Panasonic and told them I couldn't locate a store that
    stocks this printer, and they referred me to Newbolds, who has the
    printer at $599.95.
    If in fact you do own a Panasonic SV-AP10EN would you be interested in
    selling?
    Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Jul 13, 2004