    Just wondered if there any others.
    Thanks
    Jacko3

    Jacko3, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Jacko3

    TAFKAB Guest

    Extensis Portfolio allows multiple albums, and is very nice.

    TAFKAB, Nov 29, 2004

  3. The Adobe PhotoAlbum and Photoshop Elements ver 3.0 has the ability to
    "tag" photos in all kinds of combinations, in effect making albums. The
    products are a little pricey, but they are good.

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Jacko3

    Pete S. Guest

    fotostation works nicely by tagging the images with keywords.

    www.fotostation.com

    Pete S.

    www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

    Pete S., Nov 29, 2004
  5. PeterZiminski, Nov 29, 2004
  6. Jacko3

    Bob Haar Guest

    With iPhoto (version 4 on Mac OS 10.3), I can drag an image from the Photo
    Library to multiple albums. As an example, I have two albums called Family
    and Alaska 2004. I can drag-and-drop a file to each of them in turn with the
    result being that the same photo shows up when I open either album.

    Bob Haar, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Jacko3

    Ross Guest

    "The Print Shop Multimedia Organizer 2.0" can do that but I don't know about
    the latest version.

    In fact I am still using ver. 2.0 because there is nothing I have found yet
    that is equivalent.

    Ross

    Ross, Nov 30, 2004
  8. Jacko3

    Onno Voors Guest

    (Jacko3) wrote in @posting.google.com:
    This is very easy with freeware MyAlbum
    www.myalbumpro.com

    Onno Voors, Nov 30, 2004
  9. Jacko3

    Alain Guest

    Onno

    How well does myalbum scales? In other words is it possible to keep all
    -good- pictures (several thousand or more) inside one "masteralbum" and
    create several subalbums based on keywords? (In fact using myalbum to
    organize the keywords of my photo's?)

    Or is it better to add the keywords to the IPTC files (which is more
    universal) and read those inside myalbum?

    Alain

    Alain, Dec 5, 2004
  10. Jacko3

    Onno Voors Guest

    I have no need for such large albums, so you should try that for yourself.
    You mean automatically? Create albums for all photos with a certain
    keyword? It is possible to sort the photos by keyword and then use a script
    to assign photos to another album (that has already been created).
    The reverse seems easier. It is possible to create a master album
    containing other albums.
    That is really your call.

    Onno Voors, Dec 5, 2004
  11. Jacko3

    Alain Guest

    Onno

    Thanks for the quick answer (and the dutch translation of MyAlbum). I
    like MyAlbum for making albums for one event. I was thinking for using
    it for my photo cataloging needs. In other words all my good photo's
    placed inside one album. I have a large percentage of photo's that
    could be used for more than one "showable album". But I do have the
    impression that MyAlbum is not intended for this. I do know about the
    scripts to extract or merge albums.

    Any thoughts about other photocatalog freeware?

    BTW. I think that the dutch version doesn't import EXIF fields
    "ImageDescription" and "Usercomment".

    Alain

    Alain, Dec 5, 2004
  12. Jacko3

    Alain Guest

    Onno

    Tried it, went up to almost 4000 photo's inside one MyAlbum album
    without any problem or slowdown, it stays fast. After reducing the
    tumbnail colors to 16bit (without noticing a visual difference) the
    albumsize came down to approx 10KB/photo. I probably buy a new computer
    before I have enough acceptable photo's to have a real memory problem.

    Alain

    Alain, Dec 5, 2004
  13. Jacko3

    Onno Voors Guest

    That's what I do too.
    If you want to be sure, just contact the author. He is very helpful.
    MyAlbum was the first software I tried and it suits my needs, so I never
    bothered to look for something else. And as I do the Dutch translation for
    MyAlbum, I'd better not use something else ;).
    I think the MAX importer doesn't import them. Those fields are mentioned in
    the Help Menu, but when you go to MyAlbum setup and then to MAX setup
    you'll see macro and resolution fields instead

    Onno Voors, Dec 6, 2004
  14. Jacko3

    Jane_ly33 Guest

    Jane_ly33, Dec 9, 2004