Photo of dying marine: was it right for AP to publish?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kulvinder Singh Matharu, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    This is interesting... the US clearly supported the Shar, just as they
    did with Saddam. THE PEOPLE removed the Shar and now the Iraqi's rid of
    Saddam don't want a US style Democracy but want to move closer to
    Iran...

    so US involvement in Iraq and Iraq looks to have been completely counter
    productive and at a huge cost to the USA. IT looks like Afghanistan is
    going the same way... the US preferred leader can only get in if the
    ballot is rigged.

    You will end up with a VERY anti US power block from the Mediterranean
    to China. The US influence will have disappeared in Asia and Africa. At
    the Same time the US has managed to piss off most of Europe. The US has
    effectively committed suicide over the last decade.

    When the history of WW3 is written it will show that the US lost, China
    won and the US didn't even know the war had started.... or rather ti was
    fighting the wrong war.

    Look who owns the USA.... it's China. Bush has virtually bankrupted the
    US and drained its industries fighting a terrorist group.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Hitler was a nice chap in social company, as was Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin
    etc. The exception was Bush Jnr as he was not really intelligent enough
    to have polite conversation with anyone over the age of 10.
    Most tortures are charming people when not killing.
    True. This was forecast in Hackets "History of WW3"

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009

  3. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    No it is in International law.... only rogue states ignore International
    law... eg N. Korea, Iran, Israel and USA.
    SO 9/11 was also justified by that logic.
    Bill when your mental age exceed 10 years old we should have this
    discussion again.
    I agree... we need to put sanctions of the USA and stop it doing
    anything outside it's own borders.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  4. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    The Kurds are in the NORTH
    SO bill only worries about American Deaths..... there were a lot of
    British Deaths.... caused by Americans.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  5. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Then they were incitement idiots.
    No ti wasn't. HE attacked the Kurds in the NORTH in 1988 (I know I was
    there)
    Correct. They were working for an IDEAL NOT A COUNTRY.
    Why not the US does that sort of thing.
    Afghanistan offered OBL to the USA as a prisoner if the USA had any
    evidence. Standard extradition (even though there was no extradition
    treaty in place)

    The problem was the USA had no evidence.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    That includes those who did in the US sponsored Iran-Iraq war...
    I have seen your "paper", all one sheet of it. It is amerureish and and
    makes assumptions based on propaganda.

    I challenge you to post the text to this thread and let everyone see
    "the proof"

    He won't he will argue all sorts of reasons because he knows it will not
    stand up to examination

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    SO you did not see any of those photos from Abu Grhab prison where US
    military tortured civilians... also from Kandaha?

    Also the trials of several US military for torture. Controversial as the
    defence was the senior officers were directing it.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Well he does keep going on about the Kurds in the south.... When I was
    there they were in the North and along the Iraq/Iran border. According
    to friends of mine the Kurds were still in the North in 2008 and early
    2009.

    I think he is confusing Kurds with the Marsh Arabs
    Have to agree there.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    This is correct. Terrorist and spies etc come under LOCAL CIVILIAN LAW.
    The are *EITHER* enemy combatants under the Geneva Convention or
    Civilians. In either case due process should be applied and this does
    not include tourture.
    Just saying he didn't when you are a no one does not count when the
    international organisations say the opposite.

    On the other hand Bush admitted it. Water boarding is torture.

    Actually Bush and co... devised their own definitions which the rest of
    the world (and many Americans) say are simply made up and have no
    validity.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Then you and Bush are alone in that view. The rest of the world does say
    it is torture.

    Your personal view has no standing whatsoever in international law. I
    think you will find the US law courts will also find that, in common
    with the free, democratic and civilised world, water boarding is
    torture.
    Yes. Hang on... Saddam was a US sponsored leader.
    Al-Qeada and the Taliban were both US trained and funded.

    I have no idea about "the left" being right wing and military myself.

    However the usual anti-war/libberals etc were very anti-Saddam from the
    moment the US helped him into power. They bitched like hell that the US
    was assisting Saddam with chemical warfare against Iran and terrorists
    in Iraq.

    Several intelligence services (who have no morals or political stance of
    their own) also waned the US Administration *AT THE TIME* not to train
    and fund the Taliban and Al-Qeada groups.

    So yes most of the world DID complain about the Al-Qeada and Taliban use
    of torture (and the people who funded them)

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  11. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Are you on drugs? Or ar eyou such a partisan bigot that you will
    screech any lie that furthers your cult?

    Your premise that a single congressman overrode the majority party an
    the president in order to impose his vision is lunacy. And it wasn't
    even the community lending that caused the colapse, since the major
    players weren't even direct lenders.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 11, 2009
  12. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    That's a lot more time than I spend on vacation.
    Are you not aware that your lies and excuses aren't passing muster?

    Ray Fischer, Sep 11, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Yes there is... however neither Iraq nor Afghanistan are a battle field
    but a Police action.
    Correct they are civilians and should be tried in the normal manner for
    civilians. There is no third route.
    And it was wrong then too.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    GMAN Guest

    Fine, move then to texas, try them there, find them guilty of murder, order
    death penalty, dead in 2 years, not 30 like in California.

    GMAN, Sep 11, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    1 None of the alleged crimes took place in Texas. Moving them out of
    their country is illegal.

    2 In the case of Afghans they are defending their country against an
    invader. The Afghan Government did not invite in the US forces. It did
    invite in the Russians.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Only a minor mistake, they are all foreigners. That's the trouble with
    Mexicans like Bill... we jump on the slightest mistake they make.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    No he most certainly did not. Iraq never wanted any of Kuwait's oil.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    That says it all... MOST of the fighting on the two cutting edges of the
    pincer was done by the Brits and the French.

    Virtually all the Special Forces work was done by the Brits and the
    French because Peter DBA had to teach Stormin Norma how to conduct
    desert warfare.
    Not many but the biggest single cause was US fire.

    Chris H, Sep 11, 2009
  19. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    stephe_k Guest

    So you feel it's OK to invade a country and kill a BUNCH of people based
    on that?
    So you felt they were going to attack us? And besides the oil, why would
    we get involved. No other reason.
    Well they DAMN sure weren't working for Iraq.

    So why again did we attack Iraq?

    stephe_k, Sep 12, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    stephe_k Guest

    So it seems you could care less about the TOTAL numbers of dead as long
    as we keep the oil flowing..

    Stephanie

    stephe_k, Sep 12, 2009