    Ya know, referring to Barak Obama that way only shows you to be a
    religious bigot. You think that "Hussien" is significant (and bad)
    simply because it's a common name in the mideast.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 9, 2009

  2. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Apteryx Guest

    I assumed that was included in BG's criticism of Middle Eastern
    religions. The main religions originating in the Middle East amd still
    extant today would be Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Zoroastranism, and
    Baha'i. Don't know what BG has against Baha'i...

    Apteryx

    Apteryx, Sep 9, 2009

  3. Where om earth did you get the idea that there was only one training
    camp?

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 9, 2009
  4. Sounds like you want to go back to the old days when this was just how it
    was done. You can make the case that this was how the founding fathers
    envisioned the Congress. Now, it's full of lifetime officeholders, some of
    whom could give a darn as to what their constituents want. It's time for
    term limits. If anyone wants a reson for term limits, I'll give you two -
    Barney Frank and Charles Rangel. These guys should be poster children for
    term limits. I'd throw Ted Kennedy in there too but he's passed on.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Sep 9, 2009
  5. And don't forget to add in members of Congress who tried to undermine the
    effort of our soldiers and those who gave aid and comfort to the enemy like
    Sen. Harry Reid who stood on the floor of the US Senate and declared that
    the war in Iraq was lost.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Sep 9, 2009
  6. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Except that viewers of Fox news are consistently misinformed, about
    health care and about Iraq.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 9, 2009
  7. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Are you worried abbot showing dead and dying PEOPLE or the propaganda
    effect of dead and dying NATO soldiers has on the families of NATO
    soldiers?

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  8. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    But it is OK to pictures of dead enemy soldiers and civilians>?

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  9. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Does that go for ALL pictures from war zones?
    No... They did not start it.
    Well what about all the other photos published without the families
    permission?

    Or does it apply only to families of American troops?

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  10. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    So what about all the photos of dead Iraqi's, Palestinians and Afghanis
    published so far. There only seems to be a complaint when it is dead US
    or IDF soldiers who are photographed.

    This sort of censorship has gone on since WW2 when the US military
    censored the war photographers.

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  11. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    No such think. There are no absolutes in this and MOST of the world
    regards the US as the evil party in this.
    What is "common decency"
    Why, the family will know who it is.
    I agree.... You should publish ALL the photographs.

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  12. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Yes. Many such pictures have been published in the last decade.

    The only difference with this one is it is a US serviceman. I have not
    heard a murmur from anyone over the last several thousands of pictures
    of the dead and dying (non-US military) people

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  13. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    GregS Guest

    If I was part of the family I would feel good that it was published
    I guess I would have had to see the orginal news story to really judge.

    Perhaps also a good reminder of reality to the public.

    Here is another AP photo....

    http://cyncity.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/marykneeling1.jpg

    GregS, Sep 9, 2009
  14. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    SMS Guest

    But they enjoy being misinformed. Actually they depend on being misinformed.

    SMS, Sep 9, 2009
  15. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    No the press are impartial (except Fox). That is what you don't like....
    reality

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  16. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    In message <
    I think you will find it happened from WW2 It hink it was Capa (of
    Magnum Fame) who had many of his D-Day photos censored.

    Vietnam was different in that it was the first war that was covered by
    ENG or Electronic News Gathering and TV meant that "live" movies of the
    war could be transmitted into homes within a free hours. Previously it
    was days or weeks and it was still photos.

    Now we really can get live still and video broadcast globally.

    The problem is not that it is the picture of a dead/dying solider...
    those are very common. The problem is that it is an American soldier.

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  17. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Historically Christianity

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  18. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    Yes it is called censorship. The US military has practised it since WW2
    (before that it took days/weeks to get the photos published)

    BTW the US is not alone in this. Most militaries like to have some
    control as much for propaganda as security.

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  19. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    Chris H Guest

    In message <
    In most democracies they would not do that as it is innocent until
    proved guilty. I expect when the USA joins civilised society it will
    stop some of these practices.

    Chris H, Sep 9, 2009
  20. Kulvinder Singh Matharu

    mikey4 Guest