    granderojo Guest

    I consistently get a reddish background when taking photos in chuch
    settings. My camera is a Sony DSC-P93A (Digital). Any recommendations?

    granderojo, Oct 24, 2005

  2. granderojo

    bmoag Guest

    I presume the camera works properly elsewhere.
    This suggests that the problem is the color of the lighting inside the
    church, a frequent problem that depends on colored glass, the type of
    ambient lighting, the color of the walls, etc. Because the color of the
    light sources varies there is no one correct white point to encompass them
    all. Your eyes and brain are likely showing you the colors your brain thinks
    should be there rather than the colors that are actually there.
    If you are allowed to use flash then your main subject, if properly exposed,
    should be in reasonably "correct" color balance. Or you can set the white
    point manually, if your camera allows it, for your main subject as best as
    possible.
    The rest you must deal with in an imaging program but it is generally not
    necessary to achieve a uniform color look comparable to an image made in
    sunlight or any with any other uniform color light source.

    bmoag, Oct 24, 2005