    has not been my friend.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Ken

    bambam, Feb 11, 2005

  2. bambam

    Scraggy Guest

    This any use?
    http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/d...arch&keyword=grangeton&formname=sidebarsearch

    Scraggy, Feb 11, 2005

  3. bambam

    Yddap Guest

    Try http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus.html an excellent spoof and very
    suitable

    Yddap, Feb 11, 2005
  4. bambam

    bambam Guest

    bambam, Feb 11, 2005
  5. bambam

    Joel Rubin Guest

    I see some "News from Lake Woebegon" monologues (as part of Real Audio
    recordings of Garrison Keillor's radio program, a Prairie Home
    Companion) at prairiehome.org but no special pages devoted to the "the
    little town that time forgot; where women are strong, the men
    good-looking, and the children are all above average."

    Joel Rubin, Feb 11, 2005
  6. bambam

    Ionizer Guest

    This is an amusingly alarmist site: http://www.dhmo.org/

    The site is devoted to the notion that Dihydrogen Monoxide should be
    banned due to the very real dangers that it presents:

    "Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many
    thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions
    of dollars in damage to property and the environment."

    Dihydrogen Monoxide, as many grade niners will realize, is water.

    A great hoax-debunking site in general is http://www.snopes.com/ which
    explores the facts, if any, behind a huge volume of urban legends. The
    site's content certainly lends validity to the Temptations lyrics "believe
    in half of what you see, son, and none of what you hear."

    Regards,
    Ian.
    (Now Playing: I Heard It Through The Grapevine - The Temptations)

    Ionizer, Feb 11, 2005
  7. I happened upon a site a few days ago that presented many girls/women
    who live in my hometown (they listed my town by name under each pic)
    that want to have carnal knowledge with me poste haste. Funny thing is,
    I live in one of those small towns like Mayberry and I didn't recognize
    a single female. But maybe they're out there. If you're interested, I'll
    look through my history and cache and get the URL.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 12, 2005
  8. bambam

    Yddap Guest

    In

    Rogered -- Gan yam sexually
    :-(

    Yddap, Feb 12, 2005
  9. Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  10. And *extensive*!

    I've had it linked at blinkynet for a long time, and just added it to
    the thread; should've finished reading the thread, first.

    Did you ever see the "Canadian Domination" site? It's down, but it was
    another extensive site about Canada's plans to attack the US and take
    over North America. It was done *from* Canada as a mock-patriotic
    salute, not by USans as a mock-scare thing. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  11. That's something that's been going around...I saw it discussed somewhere
    just the other day, on a blog or something. Seems to be the latest hot
    marketing scam.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  12. You mean they're not real?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 12, 2005
  13. bambam

    bambam Guest

    Thank you very much for the help. The Tree Octapus and the DHMO pages
    are especially brilliant .. and yes, Snopes will be a "must use"
    resource for them.

    Why didn't they have this good stuff when I was in grade six???
    Still working on commercial jets. <grin>

    Ken

    bambam, Feb 12, 2005
  14. Silicone. And I'm not convinced the girls are real, either.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  15. bambam

    Richard Guest

    You've probably seen at least one episode of the tv show "Rome" right?
    Believe it or not, Rome Wisconsin does actually exist.
    It's only about a mile or two square though.
    Nothing like the tv version.
    Located on Highway 13 about 15 miles south of Wisconsin Rapids, Wi.
    Not much there but a general store and a couple of municipal type buildings.

    Richard, Feb 12, 2005
  16. bambam

    Ionizer Guest

    I'm sorry I missed that- it must have taken some incredibly creative
    writing to make Canada seem threatening. A comedian (can't remember who)
    noted recently that if we were invaded by the Salvation Army, we would
    lose. A forgettable film by Michael Moore from some ten years ago
    explored the theme of Canada and the threat it posed to the U.S.:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800241413

    That said, troops from Toronto *did* once march into Washington and burn
    down the White House. You never know when the mood might strike us to do
    it again.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 12, 2005
  17. Yeah, but they weren't yours. :)

    As for The Canadian Threat, I, a USan, am reminded of something of which
    DCMoose, who is himself a Canuckistanian, occasionally reminds me. The
    second reference is geographical.

    "We're bigger, and we're on top; if this were prison you'd be our
    bitch."

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005