Phoenix Bios 4.0 - Blank password will not work

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ezepie, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. ezepie

    ezepie Guest

    I went into the bios on a brand new laptop and put in a password. Then
    I decided to change the password to nothing (I thought) I hit enter
    when it asked for the new password as well as an enter at the
    confirmation.
    When the laptop rebooted it would not take the old or new password.

    It is a brand new gateway laptop Model 6018 GZ.
    Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0
    I cannot find any reference material to a location of the CMOS Battery
    and Gateway says I should send it in- of course I don't have time for
    this.

    If anyone has any ideas I would be more than happy to try anything.

    TIA

    EpiE

    ezepie, Aug 16, 2005

  2. ezepie

    Swiss Tony Guest

    From the page below, try the backdoor password which is "phoenix" without
    the "" and its case sensitive.
    It may or may not work, i am not promising anything
    http://www.pwcrack.com/bios.shtml

    Swiss Tony, Aug 16, 2005

  3. ezepie

    Swiss Tony Guest

    another site with a load of bios overrides is
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

    Swiss Tony, Aug 16, 2005
  4. ezepie

    Pennywise Guest

    wrote:

    |>I went into the bios on a brand new laptop and put in a password. Then
    |>I decided to change the password to nothing (I thought) I hit enter
    |>when it asked for the new password as well as an enter at the
    |>confirmation.
    |>When the laptop rebooted it would not take the old or new password.
    |>
    |>It is a brand new gateway laptop Model 6018 GZ.
    |>Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0
    |>I cannot find any reference material to a location of the CMOS Battery
    |>and Gateway says I should send it in- of course I don't have time for
    |>this.
    |>
    |>If anyone has any ideas I would be more than happy to try anything.

    Anything.. like maybe jumpering it, if so here's yet another bios
    bypass page. http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

    Pennywise, Aug 16, 2005