    drives, C and D). Even though it appears to have worked, no matter WHAT I
    do, when I reboot into Windows, it's still there.

    Help?????!

    Thip, Feb 27, 2006

  2. May I recommend http://www.hairclub.com/ ?
    Doesn't matter; Windows Recycle bin has been the same for many versions.
    Apparently, you messed up the Recycle bin settings by mucking about in
    the registry, and/or trying to delete the folder. Don't do that.

    Try an ordinary double-click on the Registry icon. What is shown?
    The .. um .. Recycle folder (directory) is not a real folder. You cannot
    delete it.
    Sorry, not nearly enough question marks.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Thip

    Thip Guest

    Thanks for the help (sarcasm intended).

    Thip, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Thip

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Try Kelly's Fixes
    64.Right Column - Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

    fred-bloggs, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Thip

    Thip Guest

    Thip, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Thip

    Trax Guest

    |>The Recycle Bin shows empy, but if I right-click on it and tell it to empty,
    |>it tells me "Cannot delete folder Backyard Skateboarding: Cannot Find
    |>Specified File or Folder."

    In a command window CD to Recycled on each partition, then DIR /X see
    if there's a corrupt folder/file.
    (DIR /s shows both long and short file names)

    If you find one you might need to use killbox to remove it.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

    Trax, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Thip

    danielbong

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Possible Solution to Phantom Folder/files in Recycle Bin

    I tried searching online for this as well and found this website. I was able to delete the files at last by using a program called "unlocker" - icon is a magic wand. I opened the recycle bin - it shows no file or folder, i select empty bin, the error message pops up. I close the error message, and right after it, unlocker opens and asks me what to do with the locked file. I selected move. But this time, i moved it to the desktop instead. The phantom files now appear on the desktop, then i shift delete...and Voila! no more error. Hope this helps you.

    danielbong, Sep 7, 2012