pgp

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by usa_wonderingeyes, Nov 27, 2004.

  1. I have to buy something in order to read the messages it seems??

    usa_wonderingeyes, Nov 27, 2004

  2. usa_wonderingeyes

    Special Ed Guest

    A basic version of PGP is available free for personal use.

    Edw.

    Special Ed, Nov 27, 2004

  3. usa_wonderingeyes

    Richard Guest

    Here you may download the latest freeware PGP version for your platform.

    What part of freeware is not understood?

    Richard, Nov 27, 2004
  4. usa_wonderingeyes

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Nov 27, 2004
  5. usa_wonderingeyes

    Mike Easter Guest

    usa_wonderingeyes wrote:
    No, I wouldn't say it like that.

    Your current newsreader has a number of noncompliances which are
    discussed in places like GNKSA, the good netkeeping seal of approval,
    and also newsgroups about newsreaders, such as news.software.readers.

    As a consequence of those deficiencies, some configurations of signed
    messages, which may be done with pgp, gpg, and similar tools and
    formats, may be very very awkward for you to handle.

    You can /always/ read the content of an open message for which your view
    is interfered by accessing the message properties, using your OE
    reader's File menu/ Properties item/ Details tab/ Message source button.
    However, that view of a message won't function properly for you to be
    able to reply to the message.

    So, you could keep using your same newsreader with those limitations
    imposed by the incompatibility between your newsreader and the postings
    of some others, you could choose to not read the postings of those for
    whom you have trouble, you could use some other newsreader as there are
    many both free and reasonably priced, or you could develop some other
    solution, such as reading the news in a web based interfaced.

    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2004
  6. usa_wonderingeyes

    Mike Easter Guest

    I think the OP is trying to read newsgroup pgp clearsigned messages
    rather than decrypt pgp encrypted messages.

    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2004
  7. Great going. Let's hope you aren't breeding. Then again, maybe you'll
    be lucky and have some retards that are dumber than you.

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 27, 2004
  8. usa_wonderingeyes

    Mike Easter Guest

    I changed my mind.

    Now I think the OP is trying to 'engage' in places like alt.anonymous
    and alt.anonymous.messages and such without having sufficient clue from
    something like http://www.stack.nl/~galactus/remailers/nym.html Nym
    creation and use for mere mortals

    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2004
  9. usa_wonderingeyes

    Mike Easter Guest

    More reading suggestions:

    The newsgroup alt.privacy.anon-server including the recent thread:

    Subject: JackB and PGP ... newb questions
    Date: 22 Nov 2004 09:47:37 -0800
    http://snipurl.com/axfa

    Reliable User's Manual http://www.skuz.net/potatoware/jbn2/JBNR-en.htm