    Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping. As far as I
    know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I won't be getting mine until
    january. But it's pretty exciting to see the project bearing fruits!

    Sandman, Dec 12, 2013

  2. Sandman

    android Guest

    Fuzzy pictures 4 u today!
    http://tinyurl.com/okl7me8

    android, Dec 13, 2013

  3. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Dec 13, 2013
  4. Sandman

    RichA Guest

    That's the trick, isn't it, sharp images with interesting bokeh?

    RichA, Dec 13, 2013
  5. Sandman

    android Guest

    Sharp in the middle making most of the sensor redundant... Like Pentax?

    android, Dec 13, 2013
  6. Sandman

    android Guest

    I might actually get one.... Just to se what the fuzz is all about! Not
    tomorrow though. ;-p

    android, Dec 13, 2013
  7. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I have the lens baby system, and you can use the single glass otpics, or
    the plastic lens for this effect. They also have the pinhole and zone plate
    lenses for more retro feeling. So you can take crappy pictures with your
    modern SLR :)

    Sandman, Dec 13, 2013
  8. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    :)

    Sandman, Dec 13, 2013
  9. Sandman

    RichA Guest

    Please tell me your getting the brass unit and not one of the ugly, Americanized black units I saw on their homepage?
    Petzvals should be brass.

    RichA, Dec 14, 2013
  10. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I'm not sure what "Americanized" means to you, I think the black ones are
    beautiful. I did, however, order a brass one.

    Sandman, Dec 14, 2013
  11. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    And the optical difference is?......

    PeterN, Dec 14, 2013
  12. Sandman

    David Taylor Guest

    Some number of dollars, perhaps?

    David Taylor, Dec 14, 2013
  13. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    That would be a weight difference. With brass: My wallet is lighter and
    the lens heavier. ;-)

    PeterN, Dec 14, 2013
  14. Sandman

    android Guest

    I thought the black ones were painted brass... Anyways the shiny brass
    gives the "look at the little birdie" effect to a portrait lens.

    android, Dec 15, 2013
  15. Sandman

    RichA Guest

    Americans want all their cameras to be black and the lenses. It gets dull and the brass is kind of a suitable homage to the idea of the Petzval.

    RichA, Dec 15, 2013
  16. Sandman

    Robert Coe Guest

    : Americans want all their cameras to be black and the lenses. It gets dull
    : and the brass is kind of a suitable homage to the idea of the Petzval.

    Canon's top telephoto lenses are light gray. But we buy them anyway. How does
    that comport with your theory?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Dec 15, 2013
  17. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Is that why pro Canon lenses sell so badly in the states, then? Oh, wait.

    Is that also why the silver-collored retro cameras are such a huge failure?
    Oh, wait.
    If so, then lots of camera gear would be brass and/or made of wood.

    Sandman, Dec 15, 2013