Personal Cache

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by dcardarelli, Jan 4, 2014.

  1. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Greetings,

    When I do a particular *.xls search on my hard drive using Google, I get a file comes up and clicking on it, shows the following message:

    ------

    This is one version of D:\Drive 2\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\My Music\01.xls from your personal cache.
    The file may have changed since that time. Click here for the current file.
    Since this file is stored on your computer, publicly linking to it will not work.

    --------

    That file has been removed form the drive but it still comes up. It says it is stored on my computer, but I do not believe that as the I earlier deleted it from the directory that I used it in.

    Although clicking on it brings up a message like not found, I would like to know for security reasons how to purge my "personal cache" to remove any trace of it and other files like this.

    Regards,

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Jan 4, 2014

  2. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest

    Forgot to add, I am running Win8.1 and Google is my browser.

    Dave C.

    dcardarelli, Jan 4, 2014

  3. dcardarelli

    dcardarelli Guest