    software, and the situation is now as above. I know I'm nearly there but what
    more do I need to do to complete the setup?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Thanx in
    advance!

    Guest, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Guest

    Ryan Younger Guest

    Ryan Younger, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanx for that. I AM using Windows XP SP2, BUT didn't use the wizard to
    install the software from Netgear - Netgear specifically said not to. So some
    of the options you suggest are greyed out...

    Guest, Dec 4, 2005
  4. Guest

    Quaoar Guest

    In Device Manager, disable any network connections except for the
    wireless (this specifically means the ethernet nic).

    Power down everything: modem, router, computers. Wait one or two
    minutes, then power up the modem. When the lights stabilize, start the
    router, then the computers.

    If you still do not have a connection, then google (if you can get to a
    working connection) for winsockxpfix.exe. Run it to repair a corrupt
    TCP/IP stack.

    Quaoar, Dec 4, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanx for all your ideas people! It's sorted! NOt sure how I did it, but what
    the hell, it's working!

    Guest, Dec 4, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    So how did you fix the problem? I have the same problem and it remains
    unresolved...

    Guest, Jan 15, 2006
  7. Guest

    Jeff Guest

    I am another person with the same problem, except mine is intermittent. No
    one seems to have an answer. Very annoying.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jan 15, 2006
  8. Guest

    bobby bristol

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    permanently 'aquiring network address'

    I had this problem, caused by connecting my laptop using my mobile as a modem whilst on holiday. Having spent days trying for a solution, we did a system restore to a date before we went. All is ok now.

    bobby bristol, Oct 2, 2008
  9. Guest

    sweetcamper

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I used the remedy suggested by Quaoar. Disabling ethernet in device manager did not work, but running "winsockxpfix.exe" got me my wireless connection back! Had to run the Easylink Advisor Wizard to get things back to normal after running thw winsockxpfix. I have a Linksys WRT54G router. Lost my wireless connection when I tried to add another PC to the system and pushed the "Secure Easy Setup" button on the router. It has taken me a week of frustration to find the fix. Thank You! Quaoar!!!

    sweetcamper, Dec 7, 2008
  10. Guest

    amaitra

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    try enabling NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the tcp/ip advanced configuration option.

    amaitra, Jun 16, 2010