    computer because information can be takenoff the HD. Are there any other parts
    of the PC from which information could be retrieved? Also, are there any
    components in the monitor from which info can be removed? Thanks in advance.

    Writer1194, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Writer1194

    Night_Seer Guest

    LOL the monitor? No just the hard drive, and don't forget not to
    leave any CD's in it.

    Night_Seer, Nov 14, 2003

  3. From: "Night_Seer" ecamacho4at hotmail dot com
    LOL, done that. While searching for a CD, with an archive of files, I found an
    empty jewel case. A search of the few CD-drives in the stack, located the lost
    CD.
    Good things, those paperclips.

    ;)

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -

    caveat lector - reader beware, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Writer1194

    Thor Guest

    or floppy disks, or zip disks, etc. :)

    Thor, Nov 14, 2003
  5. I've seen a few *old* monitors with images burned into the screens-but
    not only can't I imagine such images containing useful info (passwords
    aren't usually displayed for example, and even when they are I can't
    imagine them being left displayed for days on end rather than being
    entered) but I don't think I've ever seen a secrecy-oriented setup that
    didn't use a screen saver/blanker-in which case burnin wouldn't be a
    problem anyway.

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Writer1194

    Night_Seer Guest

    And anyways, most legitimate programs that use passwords show asterisks,
    so you'd probably burn in those rather than some useful password :)

    Night_Seer, Nov 14, 2003
  7. That's what I said-passwords aren't usually displayed. It's possible
    that other useful info might be, but I can't imagine what it would be
    that would get displayed for days on end. And like I said, even back
    before Windows security-conscious data centers used screen savers.

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 14, 2003
  8. Writer1194

    Night_Seer Guest

    Yeah, I don't know why we're letting this thread go on this long about
    this :)

    Night_Seer, Nov 14, 2003
  9. Writer1194

    DH Guest

    Yeah, I don't know why we're letting this thread go on this long about
    In an effort to keep this silly thread going, how about the ram?

    Dave H.

    DH, Nov 15, 2003
  10. Maybe it died chasing after ewe?

    Calvin Crumrine, Nov 15, 2003
  11. Writer1194

    Roy Guest

    You should not leave "flash ram" around where children might see it.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    Roy, Nov 15, 2003
  12. Writer1194

    chuckie® Guest

    Paperclips??? OHHHHHHH, now I see, I always wondered why they bent those CD-ROM keys like that!!
    Cool, another use....

    chuckie®, Nov 15, 2003
  13. Writer1194

    Night_Seer Guest

    Nope, RAM is wiped clean as soon as you turn off the computer,
    though I have a feeling your pulling my chain about this as well. My
    recomendation is to take it to the nearest junkyard and have them turn
    one fo those super magnets on it for about 2 seconds...that should wipe
    EVERYTHING clean :)

    Night_Seer, Nov 17, 2003