Performance Optimising

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I have quite an old system so I have to go to Control Panel, System,
    Performance, and Graphics and lower the hardware acceleration down two
    points on the bar so my computer works without hanging up regularly.

    However, I can't do a lot of things when it is down two notches
    because it doesn't display in 16 Bit colour so I can't use my TV Tuner
    Card.

    I just wondered if anyone knows what things my system reduces when it
    takes it down two notches on the hardware acceleration? Maybe then I
    would be able to change everything manually except for the Display
    Setting which I could keep at 16 Bit to use the TV Tuner and other
    things?

    My system is only a 500Mhz AMD K6-2, so it's very poor.
    I am going to be putting a new AMD 2500 Barton system together soon :)

    Thanks for any help on this.

    John

    John, Jul 6, 2003