    factory settings?

    Ta,

    G.

    G-man, Oct 17, 2004

  2. :I have bought a second hand Cisco 1700 series router from an auction, but
    :the password I was supplied was not the priviledged password (I can't even
    :take it back as I bought it sold-as-seen).

    :Is there a method of 'hard resetting' the router so that it defaults to the
    :factory settings?

    Yup. Search the cisco site for 1700 password recovery

    Walter Roberson, Oct 17, 2004