    GraB Guest

  2. GraB

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Jul 22, 2005

  3. GraB

    Max Burke Guest

    thingy scribbled:
    So on the basis of ONE anecdotal coment of *POSIBLY ONE* persons actions in
    a gamers forum you chose to indulge in some Microsoft [users] bashing.....

    Max Burke, Jul 22, 2005
  4. GraB

    thingy Guest

    No worse than from a*holes like B Gates claiming Windows is easier to
    install than Linux. What it shows in reality is, generally what ever the
    OS most users cannot do it.

    It is based on an article elsewhere if I remember correctly and it was
    not one person but many. I deal with enough end users to know how
    inadequate most of them are.

    ie good enough to use a PC, not good enough to rebuild or maintain one.

    50%+ of my incoming email is spam, a large proportion is off adsl and
    cable modems, certainly 100,000's of spam a month.....

    We have just spent $24000 on a Dell 6850 with 12 gig of ram as our new
    email gateway. If it was not for spam our existing one would still be
    adequate. So we have had to throw away in excess of 30k this year alone
    (same next year) in dealing with this crap, and this does not include my
    time each week dealing with it.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 23, 2005
  5. So on the basis of ONE anecdotal coment of *POSIBLY ONE* person[']s actions in
    a gamers['] forum you chose to indulge in some Microsoft [users] bashing.....[/QUOTE]

    There's a bit more than just one person doing it
    <http://news.com.com/Corrupted+PCs+find+new+home+in+the+Dumpster/2100-102
    9_3-5792379.html>.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005
  6. GraB

    Max Burke Guest

    thingy scribbled:
    Hey if you REALLY want to justify making STUPID comments like these
    continually in this newsgroup go right ahead.....
    From the article:
    <quote>
    While no figures are available on the ranks of those jettisoning their PCs,
    the scourge of unwanted software is widely felt. This month the Pew group
    published a study in which 43 percent of the 2,001 adult Internet users
    polled said they had been confronted with spyware or adware, collectively
    known as malware. Forty-eight percent said they had stopped visiting Web
    sites that might deposit unwanted programs on their PCs.
    http://news.com.com/Corrupted+PCs+f...umpster/2100-1029_3-5792379.html?tag=nefd.top
    <end quote>

    It's REALLY EASY to protect your computer/network against spyware/malware.
    And you DONT have to have a degree in computer science to do it.....

    But hey who am I to deny you your 'opportunity' to show your obsessive
    hatred of anything/everything Microsoft and/or those that use that companies
    products and services...

    Go right ahead and justify why YOU chose to behave this way in this
    forum....
    And that is Microsoft (or it's customers fault) because???????

    Remeber there are a LOT of servers out on the 'net forwarding all this crap
    to you that DONT run on a Microsoft OS....
    Why dont you balme them and the admins? how comew you're so biased?????
    See above. (especially the justifications bits)

    Max Burke, Jul 23, 2005
  7. If it's that easy, why do 43 percent of ordinary, mature, adult Internet
    users of average intellectual capability seem unable to get their heads
    around it?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 23, 2005
  8. GraB

    thingy Guest

    and thats only the 43% who notice....the rest either dont
    understand/notice or dont do anything about it. Or do notice and dont do
    anything about it, or cannot.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 24, 2005
  9. GraB

    thingy Guest

    So its perfectly OK to have Bill Gates and his minnions lie, cheat and
    steal, but when people get upset at this behavior and complain its not OK?

    Somewhat 2 faced me thinks.
    Its really easy to make a machine secure? its really easy for a IT
    person, its second nature not for end users......

    Having to deal with such people who ring up and say such and such a
    remote web site is not working so can we fix our system, only to throw a
    hissy fit when I tell them our system is working fine its the other end
    is just not true. Now if people cannot comprehend the difference between
    a browser issue and a remote site web server issue how much hope do you
    think they have in patching a box?
    No worse than having MS NZ come in and want to rip out a perfectly good
    working Linux & Unix email system with no business justification to do
    so except it just happens to be more licence revenue for them plus extra
    consultancy fees.
    Thats fine, ignore my posts.
    see below.
    Mostly this crap is adsl and cable modem pools. If BG's and his borg's
    account for 94% of home users, thats 94% of the broadband, so thats 94%
    minimum of the problem. Given there is no known malware for Linux or Mac
    OS in the wild, thats damn close to 100% in reality.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 24, 2005
  10. GraB