    card :)

    Ofcourse, pass on the increased price to the customer. I'll pay
    happily and vote it as the best prosumer camera.

    Siddhartha Jain, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Siddhartha Jain

    Dave Guest

    Someone should offer an inexpensive flash unit for the C750 that also
    includes these two items.
    And how does this work? Magic? Could someone please explain the
    technology?
    No, I hate the exposed lens. I will add a tube and throw your lens cap
    in the trash.
    Not important to me. Just give us two xD slots for more storage and in
    case one gets flakey.
    And I would not. If I was rolling in money I'd buy a DSLR. Can't spend
    that much on something that would be destroyed if dropped once.

    Dave, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Siddhartha Jain

    Samuel Paik Guest

    No magic involved, just technology. For active image stabilization,
    you need sensors to detect and measure camera motion and a mechanism
    to shift the image and image plane relative to each other. Typically
    you use gyros for the first and there are several techniques in use
    for the second in photo and video cameras and lenses.

    Samuel Paik, Dec 15, 2003
  4. It depends what you mean by inexpensive. If you live in the USA, a Promaster
    5550DX + adaptor costs $160, and provides a focus assist light.

    If a stabalizer is important to you, buy the Panasonic FZ10 instead of the
    C750UZ. Since the C-2100UZ and E-100RS were discontinued, no Olympus camera
    has had a stabalizer.
    I believe the Canon system works by having gyroscopes running, and if it senses
    the camera is moving, it moves the lens in the opposite direction to avoid
    camera shake.
    Why bluetooth? It is rather slow, and the computer needs to be relatively
    close. Might as well connect the USB cable. Also you might need to worry
    about security.

    Michael Meissner, Dec 15, 2003
  5. Someone should offer an inexpensive flash unit for the C750 that also
    There are already inexpensive flash units on Ebay for as much as
    US$30. But they don't have an AF illuminator.
    No idea. But if Panasonic can do it with the DMC-FZ1, so can Olympus.
    Lets form a committee to decide on that ;)
    Hmmm ... two xD card slots is a nice idea but I still want bluetooth
    because I frequently want to transfer photographs to the PC. Popping
    the card or the cable in and out is a hassle.
    Yep, you would not because you might be ok with the larger size of the
    DSLR. But everyone is not. Besides, for DSLRs also you need to
    separately buy the uber-expensive IS lens. I think Canon IS lens sell
    for as much as US$500!!! And I don't need all of that >6MP resolution
    (means having to buy a huge storage card - another $100-150). And a
    popular DSLR comes with 18-55mm lens. No where near the 10x prosumer
    lens of Olympus. So although the DSLR zoom lens must be better in
    quality but I can't afford it and I am ok with the quality of the
    Olympus.

    Just out of curiosity - How much would a Canon Rebel 300D with 10x IS
    zoom lens and 1GB card cost? ~U$2000??

    Siddhartha Jain, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Siddhartha Jain

    Dave Guest

    I'm still amazed that flash units are that expensive when they are so
    darn simple. Also need a clear glass viewfinder for the C-750.
    Yes it will be interesting to see how this one turns out.
    Oh, maybe solid-state accelerometers? Still need tiny motors or
    something to move the sensor. Interesting idea.
    High-speed IRDA would perhaps be a possibility, but I like nice
    reliable wires.
    I just don't like the fact that in download mode I can't tell if the
    camera is turned off.

    Dave, Dec 15, 2003
  7. I would imagine a TTL flash unit does need a microprocessor in it to talk to
    the camera.
    The Canon/Nikon method is to move the lens, not the sensor. The Minolta A1
    method is to move the sensor instead of the lens.
    I dunno, I just use a card reader rather than plugging in the camera.

    Michael Meissner, Dec 15, 2003
  8. Siddhartha Jain

    Dave Guest

    Well sure, but small processors are now down to 50 cents or less even
    in small quantities.

    That probably is worth having.

    Dave, Dec 17, 2003
  9. Siddhartha Jain

    Dave Guest

    My main gripe with this camera so far is this indoor focus issue. I
    guess I need to learn how to manually focus or learn how to tell when
    the AF is wrong.

    Dave, Dec 20, 2003