    Anyone know an Australian release date for the Pentium Extreme! Considering
    an upgrade
    and wondering when prices will drop!! Cheers

    R King, Nov 13, 2003

  2. R King

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Not for a long, long time. The P4EE is actually faster in most cases than
    the upcoming Intel Prescott, which means when that is released, Intel has
    to have a price war with itself. Also, keep in mind, the P4EE is basically
    an Intel XEON with a faster FSB. Those chips are expensive because of the
    huge amount of cache on them. If you are going to upgrade to this chip,
    you should buckle in, you'll be waiting a while.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 13, 2003

  3. R King

    Night_Seer Guest

    A Dell equiped with a 3.2 ghz P4 EE is about $1400 dollars more than
    a standard 3.2 ghz P4 (Dell gets first dibs on these chips). The 3.4
    Ghz P4 EE is coming out before christmas, so it might lower the price of
    the 3.2 ghz version, but not by much.

    Night_Seer, Nov 13, 2003
  4. R King

    Night_Seer Guest

    sorry my mistake, its actually about $800 dollars

    Night_Seer, Nov 13, 2003