    Nikon images also have other problems, like moire and fringing. IMO,
    Pentax rules the APS roost right now.

    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/pentaxk01/8

    RichA, May 3, 2012

  2. RichA

    John A. Guest

    John A., May 22, 2012

  3. RichA

    Just Me Guest

    Le 2012-05-03 17:55, RichA a écrit :
    its a Pentax, who cares.

    Just Me, May 22, 2012
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Perhaps you should care, because Pentax seems to get better results
    from the same Sony sensors that Sony and Nikon use.

    The K-01 sensor is an updated version of the 16.1 MP sensor used in
    the Pentax K-5 and Nikon D7000 as well as several Sony models. The
    same sensor is used in the new Pentax K-30 DSLR. The results from the
    K-30 are a significant improvement over those from the K-5.

    Bruce, May 22, 2012
  5. RichA

    John A. Guest

    But only 12-bit raws as opposed to the K5's 14-bit. Its image
    stabilization also is only specced to give up to a 3-stop improvement,
    compared to the K5's 4. (Both have rotational compensation, BTW,
    introduced in the K7.)

    Everyone's expecting them to come out with a successor to the K5
    before long, though, so no worries.

    John A., May 22, 2012