    much better than the user interface on the Canon that I replaced. The Pentax
    is also smaller and lighter and takes better pictures. Pentax RULES!!!

    -mij

    Mij Adyaw, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Mij Adyaw

    garysibio Guest

    I have the 555 and love it. I've been a Pentax user since 1970 so,
    when I went digital, I decided I'd stay with Pentax barring some
    overwhelming reason to change. Prior to my 555, I had only taken some
    photos with a 3mp Sony my wife owned so I don't have a lot of
    experience with other cameras but I do find the 555 incredibly easy to
    use while giving me a lot of control.

    Gary J Sibio

    http://home.earthlink.net/~garysibio/

    I need a trepanning like I need a hole in my head.

    garysibio, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Mij Adyaw

    Thames_side Guest

    I have one, my first digital camera. It's great but I do find all the white
    balance options a bit of a bind. If you do set it , say , to sunlight and
    you don't take a picture for a minute or two the camera shuts down and you
    have to set it again when you switch on. Can be tricky if the light is
    bright. Is it worth changing or do most people just leave it on auto?

    Thames_side, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Mij Adyaw

    garysibio Guest

    The 555 has an option on the rec.mode menu that allows you to
    determine which options are stored when the camera is turned off and
    which has to be reset each time you turn the camera on. I don't have
    my camera with me at the moment and I don't remember the option name,
    but it's toward the end of the menu.

    IMO it is never a good idea to leave white balance on auto. If you
    take a close-up of a red flower, auto will try to shift the colors for
    you thinking its under tungsten light.

    garysibio, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Mij Adyaw

    Thames_side Guest

    Yes. I think you are referring to "User"? I'll try that.

    Thames_side, Mar 3, 2005