    With your help perhaps I can pass on advice to him.

    Thanks,

    Jack

    news.3web.net, Jan 19, 2005

  2. news.3web.net

    Nostrobino Guest

    Jack, if he formatted the SD card then yes, all the photos that were on that
    card are gone, at least as far as ordinary retrieval procedures are
    concerned. It is possible that they can be recovered with some kind of
    software made for that purpose, if the memory space has not already been
    overwritten. I have never used such software and so have no advice regarding
    it.

    There's no "format button" on that type of camera. In order to format the SD
    card he would have had to go into the menu system, then the "setup" menu,
    select "format" and then press "OK." If that's what he did, then tell him
    not to do that anymore if he wants to keep the photos on the card.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Jan 23, 2005