    experiences been with it? I've read the reviews about it on many website
    but I'd like to hear from people who actually have the camera.

    Thank you.

    Dreamspinner3, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Dreamspinner3

    Rob Cornish Guest

    My girlfriend has had one for about a week now and from what I've seen it's
    a nice little camera. The lens isn't all that fast but then it is basically
    a point and shoot. It can be a little noisy at times. The menu is straight
    forward with not to many options but still enough to get a bit of control.
    I'd say that it's nice as a point and shoot, good flash shots, but you might
    find it hard to get too much more out of it than that.

    My opinion.

    Rob.

    Rob Cornish, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Dreamspinner3

    MeAndMyself Guest

    Got one about 2 months ago. Love it! Sent pic to for photo prints and came
    out wonderful.

    Camera's built-in flash seems to be just right too.

    MeAndMyself, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Very little different to the Optio 550 which it replaced, and which you can
    pick up cheap now. I've got the 550 and like it a lot.

    Mike O'sullivan, Jan 13, 2004
  5. It is a fine camera, with the best zoom (5x) in class.
    There are only two things that mar it:
    1. lag time on power on (~ 5 secs) - you miss a surprising number of shots
    waiting for the lens to extend.
    2. lag time on shutter release. ditto.

    If you are good enough at anticipation to avoid these 2 drawbacks, then go for it.

    Stan Accrington, Jan 13, 2004