    to decide if that was a result of the camera or me not being able to hold it
    steady because it's so small.

    - Scott

    Scott, Nov 17, 2003

  2. I've got the 550, which I'm happy with so far (my first digicam).

    Mike O'sullivan, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Scott

    Jim Burke Guest

    I owned a 550 (same lens as the 555) for a month before I returned it
    because of its severe pincushioning at middle focal lengths.
    Surprisingly, wide angle and tele produced the least amount of
    distortion.

    I loved the manual controls, physical layout, and menu system, 5x
    zoom. The LCD uses continuous AF as default, and the battery life was
    still outstanding. Even the auto-exposure shots, in all light
    conditions. were great EXCEPT for the distortion in the middle focal
    range.

    I was sad when I returned it, but I found the distortion unacceptable.
    I'm now using a Sony DSC-V1, but it has other problemss. It's also
    going back to the store before my 60-day satisfaction time passes.

    Jim Burke, Nov 18, 2003