    Image quality is top priority.

    Many thanks,

    Harry.

    Harry Archer, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Harry Archer

    Al Zheimer Guest

    Buy the Canon and I'll swap you for the Pentax!

    Al Zheimer, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Harry Archer

    PePe Guest

    Buy the Pentax. because of:
    -image qality
    -optical zoom 5X
    -battery live (1,8Ah aprox. 400 pics I can take in best res.)
    -shutter speed 1/2500-15 sec
    I don't know the cannon S50 spec.
    Regards PePe

    PePe, Nov 16, 2003
  4. (high noise)
    (wich lowers resolution)
    (s50 includes LiIon and charger)
    (here Pentax is better, but to what purpuose?)
    (more features)

    I think the Pentax may be the more roughed play-around-cam of the two.

    Morgan O.
    (s50 owner)

    Morgan Ohlson, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Harry Archer

    Dave Brown Guest

    Morgan,

    Where did you see this and under what circumstances? Have not heard
    it as a problem in the reviews.
    A 5x OPTICAL lens does not lower resolution, only the digital zoom
    does
    The purpose would be to get very fast moving items or to open up the
    aperature when in bright light
    What would you say is important here?
    Based on the pictures I have seen on www.steves-digicams.com....I
    don't think your response is ... objective.

    Dave Brown, Nov 25, 2003