    Whilst I don't disbelieve him, I,d appreciate a 2nd opinion.

    Cheers,

    Texy

    Texy, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Texy

    Engineer Guest

    I just bought a Sanyo NiMH charger for NiMH AA size cells. It's model
    NC-MQH01U. Input 100 to 240 VAC (self adjusting, no switch), 50-60
    Hz. Output 1.2 VDC, 2.3 amps. Cost was about CDN$35 at COSTCO (in
    Canada), including 4 NiMH AA size cells.

    Is this what you are looking for?

    Cheers,

    Roger

    Engineer, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Texy

    Texy Guest

    No - I already have AA battery chargers.
    The optio 555 uses a lithium ion cell and comes with a seperate charger.
    I find it hard to believe that the charger is only 110v in this mordern day.

    Texy

    Texy, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Your original message did not specify the type of batteries that you wished
    to charge.
    Look at:
    http://www.thomas-distributing.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl
    for a long list of Li-ion battery chargers and you should find one or more
    that are capable of accepting 100-240 volt 50/60 Hz inputs. I am not
    familiar with the optio 555 camera so I am unable to say whether or not
    there is a charger specifically made for the batteries it uses. Peruse this
    list and/or even call Thomas Distributing for help. I found them are very
    friendly and helpful.
    Matt D

    Matthew Dranchak, Jun 25, 2004
  5. Texy

    Texy Guest

    "
    Your original message did not specify the type of batteries that you wished
    to charge.
    "

    Well, it seems I was incorrect to assume that you'd know I was talking about
    the battery and charger that came with the camera in question.
    I,m still none the wiser - did anyone purchase this camera in the US ??

    If so, what does the charger state its input voltage as being ??

    Texy

    Texy, Jun 26, 2004