    the AA filter off sounds nice.

    Still wondering why they didn't make a FF body, yet.

    N.F.

    Nick Fotis, Oct 12, 2013

  2. Nick Fotis

    RichA Guest

    Do NOT deny Nikon the ability to make money!!!!

    RichA, Oct 12, 2013

  3. Nick Fotis

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 12/10/2013 16:14, Nick Fotis wrote:

    (...)
    Losing a lot of FF lenses from their lens line-up in recent years?

    Joe Kotroczo, Oct 14, 2013
  4. Nick Fotis

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 14/10/2013 18:23, Alan Browne wrote:
    (...)
    From the article: "microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at
    the sub-pixel level during exposure'"

    Smallest unit you can manipulate in post is the pixel, no?

    Joe Kotroczo, Oct 14, 2013
  5. Nick Fotis

    David Taylor Guest

    On 14/10/2013 23:13, Alfred Molon wrote:
    []
    Even better, a sensor with higher resolution so as to be closer to the
    lens limit, and no AA filter required. We are already seeing sensors
    move this way, and that may well continue in the future, even if all the
    pixels are not saved (i.e. there is processing in the camera).

    Whether something in silicon may be cheaper than an AA filter is a good
    question!

    I like the Pentax approach - the MTF may be better and it may have fewer
    artefacts - my maths used to be good enough to work these things out.
    What effect the AA-shake has on the like of the mechanism is unknown. I
    wonder whether this was discovered by accident - some residual noise in
    the movement was discovered to mimic AA filtering.

    David Taylor, Oct 15, 2013
  6. Nick Fotis

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 14/10/2013 23:41, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

    (...)
    According to this
    <http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k3/pentax-k3A.HTM#pentaxaa> it's
    circular or linear, depending on the setting. 500Hz it seems, and 4
    Microns of travel.

    Joe Kotroczo, Oct 15, 2013
  7. Nick Fotis

    Nick Fotis Guest

    It is easier to re-introduce existing FF lenses than to design new ones,
    at any rate
    (provided that their old designs can work well with the current high
    resolution FF sensors)

    N.F.

    Nick Fotis, Oct 15, 2013