Peleng on the M

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by android, Apr 20, 2014.

  1. android

    android Guest

    android, Apr 20, 2014

  2. android

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Apr 22, 2014

  3. I recently bought an M, and I really am enjoying it. My widest angle
    lens that I can use with it is the Voigtlander 12mm lens, which
    performs beautifully.

    Do you have the 22mm lens for the M?

    Oregonian Haruspex, Apr 22, 2014
  4. android

    android Guest

    Yupp. You can see my standard kit in a pic at the url in the sig
    belove. The old fifty makes an exelent lens for portrait and
    stuff on crop. Both perfoms their best at f 1:4. The Peleng seems
    to be best at 8.

    android, Apr 24, 2014
  5. android

    android Guest

    Oki... This was a downsampled pic. I might post a crop later but I
    don't have the time now.

    android, Apr 24, 2014
  6. android

    android Guest

    I forgot to stress that that the autofocus motor on the 22mm is a
    really sleepy dog! I focus manually... :p

    android, Apr 24, 2014
  7. android

    android Guest

    Lots of folks havemailed in to thesite and asked how you do mf on
    the 22!
    The answer is that you move the af to a presetbutton and focus fix
    from that that you can then adjust at will from the focusring on
    the lens.
    This post at that site teels you how to change that af preset.
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52188324

    android, Apr 24, 2014
  8. android

    android Guest

    Oki... I'm trying to get this mailer set up properly!

    android, Apr 24, 2014
  9. android

    android Guest

    Oki... This was a downsampled pic. I might post a crop later but I
    don't have the time now.[/QUOTE]

    Sorry 'bout the delay but the site is now supposedly updated and up to
    speed...

    FIRST I SHOULD POINT OUT THAT THE FLOWERS OF THOSE TREES ARE PINK!!!

    Here is two crops for you, one from the center and one peripheral.
    Further more I also decided to upload a downres so that you can se the
    confusion circle on a 1.6 crop.

    The light should be considered difficult for this type of lens.

    android, Apr 24, 2014
  10. I haven't autofocused in years anyway. I had a split prism installed
    in my EOS 10D and I have been using an Epson R-D1 more than anything
    since I got it about a decade ago.

    The M is nice because it can take all my EOS and Leica mount lenses.
    Image quality is excellent, and though it lacks in-body stabilization,
    this is hardly an issue as the high-ISO images are really clean so I
    just crank the ISO.

    I am interested in the 22 because it's so small.

    Oregonian Haruspex, Apr 25, 2014
  11. android

    android Guest

    I think the of the M noise is kinda "good" but I wouldn't push it to
    hard... It should be a decent R-D1 replacement if you can live without
    the rangefinder.
    The kit WA makes the camera a true compact. The Ixus will have less to
    do in the future...
    There is some pics taken with the 22 at the URL below.

    android, Apr 25, 2014
  12. android

    android Guest

    Nooo idea!

    But Photozone has tested it...
    http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/254-peleng-8mm-f35-fisheye-converted-to
    -eos-mount-test-report--review?start=1
    http://tinyurl.com/ls2lm5v

    And for your referens:
    http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/206-leica-summilux-r-50mm-f14-via-adapt
    er-on-canon-eos-review--test-report?start=1
    http://tinyurl.com/khoycqu

    These are Imatests and shouldn't be compared from system to system but I
    guess that they can be used as some kind of rough guide...

    android, May 2, 2014
  13. android

    Sandman Guest

    Is it hard to test? Or do you mean due to the distortion?

    Sandman, May 2, 2014
  14. android

    android Guest

    Defishing? I don't know if that's a good idea generally. I did one
    xperimen for play. I don't think that the result was conclusive.
    I'll probably test that further later.

    android, May 4, 2014
  15. Coming from using an EOS 10D and an Epson R-D1 (both are over 10 years
    old now) the M is exceptional to my eye. I will probably snag the 22
    if I see one that's cheap, but in the mean while I am using my
    Voigtlander 21mm f/4 instead. It's pretty small, though not quite as
    small as the EF-M 22 when it's on top the adapter ring.

    I got a good leather "never-ready" case for the M off Amazon, and it
    was pretty inexpensive. Megagear makes it. Sadly it is not quite big
    enough to contain the M with my Voigtlander 35 f/1.2 mounted, but it's
    still nice to have.

    Oregonian Haruspex, May 8, 2014
  16. android

    android Guest

    Stuff can be nice. A case just incase case.... Can't hurt ya!

    android, May 29, 2014