    rid of this problem?

    Thanks,
    Marian

    Guest, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Guest

    mikeFNB Guest

    https is the prefix for going to secure sites
    proxy server is the thing you will have to go thru (connect) to get ICQ
    going
    you might need to add the server IP in the routers 'allowed' web pages etc.

    there are many sites that can help you.

    try http://www.ezlan.net/

    first.

    mike

    mikeFNB, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Guest

    Tony Guest

    Your router is now acting as a 'proxy server' for the internet. In ICQ
    there must be a setting somewhere to set up use with a proxy server. You
    will need to put in the IP address of the router (a number like
    192.168.0.50) and the port number it should connect to (e.g. http is usually
    80, Socks is 1080 - but not always!!) check the documentation that came with
    the router to see what port numbers you should use (or log on to the router
    and see if there is a proxy set up page somewhere which should give you the
    port numbers.)

    Tony, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004
  5. Guest

    Malke Guest

    You read the documentation that came with the router. Most routers are
    configured from a webpage. For example, you would open your browser and
    type the address of the router, which would look something like this:

    http://192.168.1.1 [enter]

    Then you'd get a box to enter the user name and password, which you
    would do. You will need to read the manual to get the exact address and
    default user name and password.

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 29, 2004
  6. Guest

    anjeepsolution

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    networking solution

    hello Sir,

    I am having a cyber cafe in it there are 7 computer . And I have taken a hatway connection.And its on a peer to peer network .On all computer internet was there. but now some body has changed the ip address and dns server address of some pc. So please help me of what should i do to connect all computer to internet .

    anjeepsolution, Sep 30, 2008